Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About two months ago, I recieved my order from Gary Brommeland. Wait time was approximately 2.5 months. At the time of my order he did not offer the service grade option, so these are all finished in the presentation grade. During the wait, Gary was awesome. We talked several times on the phone and he kept me updated.

For the longest time, I have used a whole bunch of mismatched holsters, really using whatever the flavor of the day was. I finally decided once and for all that I wanted to get all new, high quality holsters that would last a long time. I also wanted something that concealed very well, and could be worn all day, even during long bouts of driving. I ordered Max Con V's for a Glock 19, 5" 1911, a Commander (not shown as my Commander is off getting new sights), and a Browning Hi Power. Along with the holsters, I ordered his excellent single magazine holder.

I'm no gun writer, so I hope I convey how pleased I am with my order. These are by far the most comfortable IWB holsters I have ever used. With the Glock and BHP, the gun just disappears and you do not realize you are wearing them. With a 5" 1911, you know it is there, but is is so comfortable you don't mind one bit. These holsters really shine when driving. Usually when I drive with a IWB, I can feel it digging into my lower back. I'm constantly reaching back and adjusting it, canting it forward to get it out of your lower back. Not with these.

Something else I really like is how close the holster pulls the butt of the pistol in close to your back. I'm 6'-3", about 205 lbs, I guess you could say athletic build. Before, to effectively conceal a 1911, I needed to wear a XL t shirt. With the Max Con V, I can easily conceal a 1911 with just a Large t shirt. With the butt of the gun so close to your body, it conceals very well.

The holsters also seem to really just form to your body. The way he designs them, they seem to just mold to your hip bone. Again, very comfortable, and you don't have to constantly be reaching back and readjusting your pistol.

In short, I'm thrilled with my new holsters. I did a lot of research before choosing as I wanted this to be my last holster purchase for a long time. I wanted to standardize everything once and for all. Gary's design is similiar to offerings from Sparks, Garrity, etc. While all are great holsters, I liked the fact that he put emphasis on his design being comfortable while driving, plus his turn around time and prices were very good. Gary has been a true pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to order again from him.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
oh man! you got a bunch of goodies! thats the way to do it, get 'em all at once! I have one on order for my BHP, it is the service grade one tho, I'm sure it will still be nice! Enjoy your stuff, it all looks great!

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
That is one really nice set of leather (and guns), Scott. I love my MaxCon V for my 1911. If the Glock and the BHP are more comfortable than the 1911, they really must disappear. Mine is extremely comfortable. Congrats on a great matched set.... :yup:

Brommeland's link is here and in our "Related Links" in the blue header line, Jay.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Dang I just threw Gary for a loop by requesting a service grade for my Kahr TP9. Unfortunatly he dosent have the model (yet) and I am confident that he will get one and I'll soon have a nice holster like that to carry my new pistol.

Steve

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Dear Lord,..I just shorted out my Keyboard!! Congrats.

·
Administrator
143,948 Posts
I know that you were a "happy as all heck" guy what that coveted package showed up on your doorstep.

Never let it be said that Scot45 ain't doin' it right. :usflag:

NICE BEVY of Brommeland's Best!

Congrats!:congrats:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Holy cow you have my mouth watering!! I have a service grade MaxConV and single mag pouch on order for my Glock 19.
Big +1 on Gary's service. I spoke to his wife when I placed my order and once again just to see how it was coming along. She was as nice a person as I have ever spoken to. Good folks who know how to treat their customers.:hand10:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only wish Gary lived closer to Las Vegas so I could get to meet him. We talked a lot on the phone, not just about holsters. In fact we usually talked holsters for maybe 5 minutes, and then talked life, politics, guns, my possible upcoming deplyoment, etc. Very good people those Brommelands!

I'm just glad I got my order in when I did, from what Gary has told me, his holsters are starting to be in high demand, and rightfully so!! Top notch in all respects.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Wow! What a collection of handsome goodies :smilez:

Scot - I have separated some of the pics to space them out, so they aren't ''touching'' - just gives each one some space :wink:

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Thanks, Scott. I really appreciate your kind words, and I'm glad you like my work. Now, do us all a favor - keep your head down when you go back to the sandbox, and get back home in one piece. We'll be praying for you.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Oh wow!

Absolutely beautiful!

I can't wait to get my Max Con V service grade holster.....

...Scot45 you have just convinced me to get some Heinies for my 20+ year-old BHP Mark II whick will be sent shortly to Bill Laughridge at Cylinder and Slide for a much needed overhaul and update.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Excellent choice in holsters Scot. I can't imagine another fullsize gun being MORE comfortable than a 1911 in a MCV but with Gary's leather I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe when you get back from your tour you can order up a full set of Def-Cons and make us all even more jealous.

Stay alert over there and come home safe.
Jack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts