1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Here's my knives:

All of them RAT Cutlery, great knives!

The smallest one, the Izula, I carry ALWAYS on me.
The middle knife, the RC-4, is my outdoors knife.

The biggest knife, the RC-5, is a ''end of the world doom scenario'' knife.

Greetings,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice group you have there! I have been eying one of those Izula's. I hear nothing but good stuff about them. Then again I have rarely heard anything bad about any of RAT's stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
You should try the Izula defitely, it always comes in handy.

RAT knives are just top off the bill.
Sure, some knives are more exclusive or fancier.
But let's be honest, RAT's are downright ''user'' knives and of course they have a warranty that can't be beat.
RAT Cutlery Co.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Nice blades. I've never owned a RAT, but I've looked into it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks!
You should try the Izula defitely, it always comes in handy.

RAT knives are just top off the bill.
Sure, some knives are more exclusive or fancier.
But let's be honest, RAT's are downright ''user'' knives and of course they have a warranty that can't be beat.
RAT Cutlery Co.
This is true. My current camping knife is a Swamp Rat Knife Works knife that has been great! But when I retire that one I will be looking to the RAT stuff first. Plus like you said the warranty can't be beat.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Cutting triad...nice!:hand10:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

The RAT 3?
There's no RAT 3 in the pictures, from left to right: RC-5, RC-4 and Izula.

Btw, RAT Cutlery knives are always RC-.., never RAT.., those are models produced by Ontario.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I have been wanting a small fixed blade for a while and this thread sent me over the edge, so to speak... I ordered a tan Izula; now I just have to be patient and try not to hang out by the mailbox too much!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet score!
I'm sure you'll be very satisfied:yup:
But be carefull, once you got one RAT, you'll soon have the whole family! :king:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I have an RC 3, your photos reminded me that I forgot to get the rest of the family. New expenditure for the holidays. Thanks for the photo, good collection.

·
Registered
262 Posts
how do you like the rat3? Ben looking at them and a busse game warden
I don't have the RC-3 but I do have a Game Warden they are both great companies with great warrantys and customer service.I know the GW uses a better steel and probably has better ergonomics just from looking at the two but you are gonna pay at least double for a GW over the RC-3.I think the RC-3 is a great knife and you would be well equipped with one but if you have the money to spare I would go for the GW.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
This is the Busse Game warden on the left in "Muddy" with Tan Canvas Micarta handles and the big Black one is the Scrap Yard "Scrapper 6" (another Busse family knife and this one is Sterile) and then the Swamp Rat (not in this picture but in previous one) I simply cannot right off hand recall the model name at the moment. But all three are the three Busse family businesses products.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts