Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a busy gun collecting bee over the past few....well, months.

Over the past couple of weeks I said goodbye to my EAA Witness 10mm full size that I purchased via CDNN last year. I discovered that I wasn't shooting the gun much; taking my S&W 1066 to the range to do most of my 10mm gun play.

With that, I had the opportunity to trade my Witness for an HK USP .45 ACP (full-size) in excellent condition. I traded it with the Sprinco recoil reducer I purchased and installed and paid an additional $200 for the USP. The USP came with a spare Pro Mag 12-round magazine and a Desantis fabric over kydex paddle holster. Both the Pro Mag magazine and Desantis holster will only be used at the range and not on the streets in a CCW role. I'd rather have OEM HK 12-round magazines and a good IWB holster (from Brommeland, HBE/Larsen or Sparks) instead. Add some night sights and good JHP ammo and I'll be good to go.

So....adios one 10mm.

Actually, as of today, hello another 10mm....this time a S&W 1006 with adjustable sights and three magazines (two with the yellow followers) that I purchased courtesy of Glock Talk (GT) member MtnBiker. Selling price for this gem (and what a gem it is) was $390 shipped!

Here's a photo taken by MtnBiker for his GT ad:

Here's a photo of the 1006 and USP:

I will post a range report whenever I get a chance to fire both guns....today, srfl is happy man.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
wow ! what a deal ! I like my #1066 but I might be selling for a new para

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
artz said:
wow ! what a deal ! I like my #1066 but I might be selling for a new para
I have a 1066 too which I like but two immediate first impressions of this 1006 are a better trigger pull over my 1066; it's lighter and smoother and I can reach the trigger in DA mode much better with these flat backstrap grips over that of my 1066's Hogue grips with its arched backstrap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts