Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reluctant to purchase a small 45 because of hearing they are often unreliable feeders and have a sharp, uncontrollable recoil because of their light weight. Well, I took the plunge and bought this new Defender and have not had a single problem. It is very well balanced and recoil is similar to my Sig C3 which is fine for me. I have shot FMJ, Federal HST's, hydroshoks, and Hornady XTP's with 100% feed and reliability so far out to around 600 rounds now. I have become very fond of it and now use it as an everyday carry weapon. The only thing I didn't care for was how wide the stock Hogue grips were. I have since replaced them with Sarge's Red Mallee Burl grips. Hope you like the pics - I sure think it looks great.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats on the powerful but small SD package.:hand10:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Nice looking package! :hand10:

Sarge keeps threatening to make grips for the P7. If he does you'll see mine here. :image035:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to everyone - I also tried these grips, but like Sarge's better

What do you guys think?? They are slim alumagrips...

·
Super Moderator
22,136 Posts
Congratulations, great looking pistol.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The sarge's grips look better, nice piece.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yea, I concur with the prevailing attitudes -- wood is so much nicer than the alumagrips. I put Sarge's on my EMP, and have never looked back.

Very nice pistol there!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure of any advantage of alumagrips---

I used them before I bought the wood ones from Sarge and have never looked back - There is no substitute for the feel of wood!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Sarge's grips really sets that gun off.

Nice pistola.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts