Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a wonderful Thanksgiving meal last night, a bunch of family wanted to go for an after-dark stroll. I was finally cajoled into going along and grabbed the usuals - keys/phone/G19 rig/chapstick and even had the presence of mind to grab a flashlight.

About half a mile into the walk it occurs to me that I forgot my wallet :aargh4: ! Yup, I was cc'ing without my permit!! ARRGGHHH!!!

Fortunately, the walk was uneventful - but I felt absolutely nekkid. It was the first time in 3 years of civilian carry that I pulled that stunt. Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession... :embarassed:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've done it a couple times, both walking and driving --- but I immediately turned around and went back and got it. My permit is too valuable to risk an infraction against, even a minor one.

-Seawolf

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I've permitted without a CC before. Not for long mind you.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
i've done it a couple times, both walking and driving --- but i immediately turned around and went back and got it. My permit is too valuable to risk an infraction against, even a minor one.-seawolf
+100 h/d

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did the very same thing today!! When I realized I had no wallet I felt like the whole world was watching me. I shortened my walk and retreated back to the homefront.....What is it with us Baptist?

·
Super Moderator
18,131 Posts
In truth, I dont see it as a big deal. Yes, I know you are supposed to have it.

The one person I have encounted that didnt have it, took me about 10 seconds to check to see that he did have it. I gave him a warning and a small lecture about having it with him at all times when he carried. He knew that, he had just spaced it.

Not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts

The one person I have encounted that didnt have it, took me about 10 seconds to check to see that he did have it. I gave him a warning and a small lecture about having it with him at all times when he carried. He knew that, he had just spaced it.

Not a big deal to me.
Way to go as an officer, realizing people make mistakes, but unfortunately not all PO's are like you!

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I've been carrying for quite awhile and it happens to all of us. I take my dogs out every morning and occasionally I remember it after I'm already heading back to the house. It still bugs me but that's life.
Regards,

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

Not a big deal to me.
It's good to hear that you have some leeway to work with -- I think it's safe to assume that some jurisdictions and/or officers are looking for any excuse to revoke a permit or make an arrest. There are so many reasons why this should not be an issue.

·
Super Moderator
18,131 Posts
Any officer has "officer discretion". The young punks just haven't figured out how to use it.

You can verify a permit over the radio in short time. You don't revoke a drivers license if someone forgets it when they are driving, whats the point of making an issue of a permit?

Unless of course, you are an anti gun idiot.

·
Registered
272 Posts
"Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession... "

I'm not a priest but I feel the need to give you a penance. Say three "Our Father's" and send me your G19, go, and sin no more :)

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession... "

I'm not a priest but I feel the need to give you a penance. Say three "Our Father's" and send me your G19, go, and sin no more :)
LOL. Good one - thanks. I think I'll hang on to the G19 though. It's the only thing that I can shoot straight...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am glad I am not alone in this incident... It was a very interesting and luckily uneventful, but I don't think I will ever forget my permit again.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I have forgotten my wallet on ocassion, I immediately head for home...one mile away or 20 miles away...:yup:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
In MN it's a fix-it ticket, like not having your DL or ins card on you. When you go down to the station and show it, they rip the ticket up. On the street, they can have dispatch verify it in seconds, as it's private information. Still, penance is required, if you're religeous enough.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
After a wonderful Thanksgiving meal last night, a bunch of family wanted to go for an after-dark stroll. I was finally cajoled into going along and grabbed the usuals - keys/phone/G19 rig/chapstick and even had the presence of mind to grab a flashlight.

About half a mile into the walk it occurs to me that I forgot my wallet :aargh4: ! Yup, I was cc'ing without my permit!! ARRGGHHH!!!

Fortunately, the walk was uneventful - but I felt absolutely nekkid. It was the first time in 3 years of civilian carry that I pulled that stunt. Hopefully never again! I'm not Catholic (Baptist), but I felt the need to bring this to confession... :embarassed:
Say the Lord's Prayer five time, three Hail Mary's and two Novenas and all is forgiven my child.

In reality, not a big deal, just don't make a habit of it.

Biker

1 - 20 of 40 Posts