Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw in local paper today - PA as a state is putting up cost of the CCW by six bucks. It has been $26 but will therefore go up to $32. Still not bad compared to so many.

BUT!!!! - our guy has said he will hold the old price and make up difference out of county funds!! :smilez: Actual cost IIRC is $17 but then taxes and stuff bring it to the $26. Good for him I say.

The paper also quoted him as saying his office issues approx 2,500 permits per annum - and even if that includes renewals as I would assume it does - heck, that's impressive for a lil' ol' county of about 50,000 folks! PA carry rocks! - well, in Bedford County anyways.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Chris,
That sounds like a Sherrif looking out for his people.:hand10:

Ours down here in VA is still $50, but the renewal just became lifetime. The next time I renew, It should be my last.

:banana: :danceban: :banana:

·
Registered
287 Posts
P95Carry said:
The paper also quoted him as saying his office issues approx 2,500 permits per annum - and even if that includes renewals as I would assume it does - heck, that's impressive for a lil' ol' county of about 50,000 folks! PA carry rocks! - well, in Bedford County anyways.
2500 permits X 5 years/50,000=25%!! Wow, that's a lot of CCW. I'd be willing to give some odds your county has a low violent crime rate.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well - PA total uptake on permits is reckoned to be now in excess of 6% - and yes, my county uptake itself is - well - impressive :smilez: Still amazes me i don't make folks more - in fact it is rare I do - that must say something!

Violent crime is very low, but petty crime is alive and well!! Much of course drug related and now and again in bigger places like Altoona PA, we do get the occasional shooting, which is probably also drug linked.

Only today tho in the paper - I read a report of an armed robbery at my main bank - could so easily have been in there when it went down. Supposedly guy with small gun - no shots fired. Plenty of witness info so doubt he'll have gotten far.

Last armed robbery tho IIRC was a steakhouse September 2002 - they caught the guy.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say 4 years ago - well that was one in my approx locale. I daresay there have been other odd ''events'' but certainly none big enough to recall.

In fact I mentioned earlier Altoona PA - that is in fact Blair county so really should leave it out of my county's happenings. I do recall some events that were maybe ''near misses'' - but overall pretty good really.

Despite all that - I do not feel a wish to be complacent - we have drug people dotted around far and wide plus - there are some quite heavy dudes around too. I still subscribe to the adage - ''anything can happen, anytime, anywhere''!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmm.. I didnt know VA CCW permit was going lifetime.. When does that start and where can I find more info? I havent seen anything in the papers about that..

thanks

Brian

4my son said:
Chris,
That sounds like a Sherrif looking out for his people.:hand10:

Ours down here in VA is still $50, but the renewal just became lifetime. The next time I renew, It should be my last.

:banana: :danceban: :banana:

·
Registered
569 Posts
That is great!!!! From the point of view around California that would simply be unheard of to do something like that. Man I gotta get out of here.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
P95Carry said:
PA carry rocks! - well, in Bedford County anyways.
Hmmmmm, have to remember that as I get closer to retirement. :image035:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts