Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I agree. Some folks on DC said, "Awww...they'll never come to the suburbs." Wrong. There was a lead story on Fox about a riot / destruction of two banks in a suburb of San Diego.

Brother @G26Raven I just got my little mini AR 9mm pistol / carbine out - just in case. Mrs OldChap loves the little thing and she is very accurate with it.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Now I need Gramps more than ever! I simply cannot hold a long gun - even the lightest weight one that Gramps has. And if I could, I can't focus on the front sight. But he can, and I'm still "QUITE ACCURATE" with my handguns.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
While I really don't think it will extend into my neighborhood I am still ready to deal with it if it does come our way.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While I really don't think it will extend into my neighborhood I am still ready to deal with it if it does come our way.
I doubt it will come to our neighborhood, too. But then, I doubted it would ever come to Salt Lake City.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I doubt it will come to our neighborhood, too. But then, I doubted it would ever come to Salt Lake City.
If I remember correctly you could claim that you were kidnapped by your wife and forced to go to SLC.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I remember correctly you could claim that you were kidnapped by your wife and forced to go to SLC.
I am not clear on what exactly that would accomplish? If you are suggesting that I want to go join that fight, no I do not. But I would not hesitate to defend myself, my wife, our home, or our neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I am not clear on what exactly that would accomplish? If you are suggesting that I want to go join that fight, no I do not. But I would not hesitate to defend myself, my wife, our home, or our neighborhood.
My apologies. It was a reference to the fact that you chose SLC for you wife instead of the smaller town you really wanted to live in. Or maybe I am confusing you with another member. Old age does weird things to my memory...

Reactions: bill35738

·
Registered
923 Posts
No problems locally as yet, but I have changed from the S&W Model 64 2" .38 Special to the Sig-Sauer P229 .40 with 2 mags for daily carry (3 extra mags in the truck console), the Remington 870 stays handy, and the M1 Carbine remains within easy reach. Haven't felt the need yet to pull out the Springfield M1A National Match rifle or start loading up the magazines

I remember 1967. I lived about 10 miles outside a city with National Guard deployed due to rioting and a curfew. Carloads of troublemakers started cruising our streets late at night until they noticed nearly every house had a man or two sitting on the front porches with shotguns, then they decided to go elsewhere. I guess nothing says "You ain't welcome here" much better than a 12-gauge.

On the positive side, I returned home 4 days ago from a 3700 mile road trip passing through Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, then back home through Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Colorado. No problems at all, even around the major cities. Maybe my timing was just right?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My apologies. It was a reference to the fact that you chose SLC for you wife instead of the smaller town you really wanted to live in. Or maybe I am confusing you with another member. Old age does weird things to my memory...
We do not live in Salt Lake City. We're in a small town in Southern Utah. No apology needed, I just was unclear about what you were saying.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
The ARs are ready and there's a 20rd drum for the VR80.

I don't think there's much to worry about here. The Mayor told the protesters that "Sherman didn't burn our town and neither will you".

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure you believe that you understand what you think you heard me say. I am not sure that what you think you heard me say is quite what I meant.
I am sure I understand what I think I heard you say, too!

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Unlikely to have an issue here. But history tells us bad things can happen anywhere.

Sig MPX ready to go. Exactly the reason I own one. Insurance just in case. Exactly why we have 2A.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My wife has her AR15 pistol in 300 B/O on standby and I have a Canik SFx and a Kel-Tech RDB at the ready. But I have moved out 28 miles from a smaller city and if they want to come this far, my neighborhood is ready.
As my neighbor said "we all are ready for the coyotes, be they two or four legged".

1 - 20 of 61 Posts