Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The ARs are ready and there's a 20rd drum for the VR80.

I don't think there's much to worry about here. The Mayor told the protesters that "Sherman didn't burn our town and neither will you".
Great speech - and I admire his spirit- but if Sherman didn’t burn your town, it was because he didn’t see it. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Our nearest town has a population of 125. More livestock in the area than people. I don't think we'll have a problem.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have to drive into Portland tomorrow to pick up fuel injectors and some shims. Haven't decided what all to wear yet.

·
Registered
33,868 Posts
On the positive side, I returned home 4 days ago from a 3700 mile road trip passing through Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, then back home through Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Colorado. No problems at all, even around the major cities. Maybe my timing was just right?
You should have stopped and picked up your Christmas card while you were in FL. Could have saved me a stamp.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am reminded of the Confederate General who was in the midst of saying "They couldn't hit an elephant from that distance" when the sniper's bullet killed him. "Unlikely" sure doesn't mean "it won't happen".

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
Now I need Gramps more than ever! I simply cannot hold a long gun - even the lightest weight one that Gramps has. And if I could, I can't focus on the front sight. But he can, and I'm still "QUITE ACCURATE" with my handguns.

Go, Granny, go, Granny, go Granny go!

Hey. So the tune referred to Granny and her super stock Dodge. Still applies here.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
OK, thinking back to a long long time ago there were some folks that were take things from someone who did not have a lot to share as he operated very close to the vest as some people would put it. The group came to the house with a mouth full of gimme and a hand of I'm taking but he advised the group that he would share pain but not what little he had but they continued thats when he produced 2 double barreled shotguns, one was a 410 and the other was a 10ga long greener yet they kept pressing. All at once the little 410 barked and the screams rang out and the advancing stopped at the point the man those of you that were hit will be fine as that was rock salt but the 10ga is loaded with triple 0 buck. The moaning and groaning was about the burning and charges were filed against the man and the family but the Sheriff came out with DA and after the investigation no charges were filied against the home owner but the investigation brought into the light was the group had intent to do harm, rob and burn the house if they did not give up what they had. The trial started and townsfolk were the jury and the convicted the 6 leaders of the group 4 of which were wounded by the salt rock but no life threatening issues. In a writ filled by the DA that the home owner did not want serious harm to come to his neighbors but he would not give up what he had worked for to sustain his family, is this a true story ? I will never tell but I believe there is some food for thought from history of many different actions and in today's world I feel that I don't fit I dislike my cellphone and my laptop is close to being dead but because of the time of tech products I am looking to get a updated laptop so I can continue my small input to those I care about but the computer I have still stumbles along but the alerts keep going of and upgrade to Windows 10 etc. My laptop is over 10yrs old, we had to get new cellphones because they were 10yrs + old. I really don't fit in today's world except to watch over my wife, children, grandchildren and yes my great grandaughter but I am weary and I would rather write a short letter so the tear drops would not short out the message sent. Take care friends and remember your rely on what you know and I want you all to be safe and thank you for allowing me to share the space here on the forum as it has been helpful on my journey down this broken road, tell the ones you love that you do.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I am reminded of the Confederate General who was in the midst of saying "They couldn't hit an elephant from that distance" when the sniper's bullet killed him. "Unlikely" sure doesn't mean "it won't happen".

Actually, it was Union General John Sedgwick who said that, right before a Confederate bullet hit him just below his left eye, at the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse.

·
Registered
Various
15,464 Posts
Arejay, careful is the word of the day in Portland according to some family member's of mine who live in the Portland area.
Stay away from downtown Portland, Salem, and Eugene after 5:00 pm is the word or the day.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts