Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it out today. After several minutes of confusion on what to choose and seeing the look of (come on man) in the young ladies eyes behind the counter, I made my selection. It was between the G30, G36 and the G27 and I was leaving with a Glock for sure. I went with the G36. I like the grip and happy with my decision, so I thought I'd share a few pics of my new EDC. I'm gonna retire the Kahr to the home defense role for now, but I'll take er out from time to time. Cheers.
DSC00103.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Great choice, I've always liked mine.

I'm sure that retsupt99 will agree with your choice too.

·
Registered
862 Posts
congrats on your new baby!

pics don't do it justice! i'm sure you'll have fun with that one!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Congrats on the new Glock! You made a great choice. The G36 is the only gun I liked so much, I traded for a second one.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Gratz on the newborn!

The G36 is REALLY snappy so be sure and give it some good range time.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guy's. I can't wait to blast a few rounds off tonight at the range. Just cleaned it up in preparation. I'm sure I'll not be surprised in the way it performs, I'm mean after all it's a Glock. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
You should be required to hand out cigars. Nice choice.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Congrats...we both made the leap! Me for the 30 (you already knew that)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congrats on the new BiG Bore Glock. The 45ACP is the way to go. Good shootin' bro!:smile::smile:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Congrats!:hand10:
I love mine, you'll love yours...:yup:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took it to the range last night and am very pleased with the performance, not any malfunctions to speak of, but I need some work on the transition from the DAO trigger of the Kahr to the Glock stock SA. I'm good with the change over, but probably gonna make a couple of changes to the stock trigger. The elite trigger of the kahr is just so smooth and I guess I got kinda spoiled, so If anyone has any suggestions there please feel free to let me know your thoughts.:hand10:

As far as performance, IMO the G36 is a awesome pistol! Been a while since I shot the .45 round and it's just as I remembered, snappy as heck, but manageable. As I said, not a single problem during (break in).........:tongue: just kiddin. I only put a hundred rounds of ball and twenty of defense, cause I just couldn't afford to spend to much more money this week. I was gonna wait until year end bonuses, but I kept reading all the others posting on their new pistols and couldn't control the urge any longer. I was gonna get the desert tan, but opted for the black instead. I wonder if the wife will notice...:image035: I almost went with the G30 but only for round capacity. In the end I really wanted a .45 that was as comfortable as possible for all day carry and figured the extra rounds are extra weight and for my carry needs just not worth it. The slimmer glock feels better for my main mode of carry which is IWB and not much more than the CW9, but way more punch.. Anyway, I'm very pleased with it and will probably get the G26, or the G27 later this year just for the heck of it... Cheers!

GBK :bier:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too went with the glock 36.

i had the glock 22 for 5 years and decided to step down and UP.

The 36 is a great Weapon. I wanted a smaller gun, but a larger bullet for EDC PD.

Congrats on your purchase!!!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I love my 1911s but I too picked up a G-36... there are times when it just fits the bill like in my SmartCarry! :wink:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Woo---Hoo! Another new Glock!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts