Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw a flier for Dick's in the paper, and they had a Remington 870 Express w/ 28" barrel for $279 (all prices with mail in rebate). So I figured I would stop in and look around, with hopes of finding a deal. I ended up picking up an 870. There were two tags, and i couldn't spot the difference between them. Both were 870's same in every way I could see, except one was $279, and the other $249. I asked the guy, and it turns out the cheaper one had a barrel 2 inches shorter. I ended up walking out with the 26" barrel 870, and a wallet $301.78 lighter, and a mail in rebate form for $30 back, which I will be putting in the mail as soon as i wake up.

Whoda thunk that 2" of barrel = $30.

I want to get a short barrel, something in the 18" range. other than that, its surfing through the internet looking at all the stuff I wish I could have.

So tomorrow I will be heading to the range, if I have time before my EMT class. I can't get pics at the moment, but will have them up tomorrow. Any tips or tricks I should know now being the owner of an 870?

·
Super Moderator
17,786 Posts
Buy lots of ammo, they are fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Congrats! I've been wanting one for a while

·
Registered
342 Posts
I shoot skeet with my 18.5 in barrel all the time, it doesnt break them the best sometimes, but it does break them!

Its my fav gun!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Congratulations on your new 870! This time of year, Remington offers a lot of rebates on their firearms. Just go to Remington's website to find out more. Don't forget pawn shop hunting for a lonely extra barrel you can take to any gunsmith to chop or do it yourself. Tips and tricks? Well......don't bruise your shoulder tomorrow before class. One more thing......I got one of those green Scattergun Technologies High Visibility followers off EBay to replace the rather sickly factory orange one that has the possibility of folding over. You can tacticool the rest of it to your liking, but this mod alone I recommend.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Nice grab on that 870, I've got an 18.5" HD version that has served me well. Good luck on finding a barrel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations on your new 870! This time of year, Remington offers a lot of rebates on their firearms. Just go to Remington's website to find out more. Don't forget pawn shop hunting for a lonely extra barrel you can take to any gunsmith to chop or do it yourself. Tips and tricks? Well......don't bruise your shoulder tomorrow before class. One more thing......I got one of those green Scattergun Technologies High Visibility followers off EBay to replace the rather sickly factory orange one that has the possibility of folding over. You can tacticool the rest of it to your liking, but this mod alone I recommend.

whats the difference between the orange thingy and green one?

whats the benefit?

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
whats the difference between the orange thingy and green one?

whats the benefit?
You can fold this one with your fingers...the stock one

This one won't bind in the tube or ride up over the mag spring accidentally.

Benefits? I feel a heck of a lot better with the green since I'll always load to full capacity.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Yup, do as Ram Rod suggests. It only costs a few bucks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does the new plug decrease capacity at all? it looks like you might loose a round with the tail it has compared to the stock one.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Try searching the web sites for replacement barrels (870x).

I got my 20" w/riffle sites from Midway USA. I think for a little over $100.00 bucks.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the 870... Now starts the customization...

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
does the new plug decrease capacity at all? it looks like you might loose a round with the tail it has compared to the stock one.
You shouldn't loose any capacity with it using the 2 3/4" shells.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have add teh Knoxx stock to mine, and a Tri-rail for my flash light which I have added a pressure pad to turn on/off.

I really like this setup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks! I recently put my 870 {That I've had for over 30 years of which I only used the first season } up for sale on a local forum and after reading this I think I'm going to keep it and turn it into an HD piece. Off to ebay!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts