Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Spikes Tactical 9mm AR. It's the one on the bottom.

100% Spikes branded. Spikes Milled Upper, Spikes Adjustable Mag Well Adapter, Magpul MOE Stock, DPMS LPK, Spikes Tungsten Buffer, Spikes Custom 9mm Bolt Carrier, Spikes Metalform mags. It runs like a Swiss watch. In fact they both run like Swiss watches. Spikes makes GREAT stuff!! :danceban:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Was this just an upper conversion kit? Or you purchase the whole rifle?
Be interested in the ballistics of the weapon. I'm looking at a full AR 9mm rifle & a 5.7 conversion kit for the AR.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was this just an upper conversion kit? Or you purchase the whole rifle?
Be interested in the ballistics of the weapon. I'm looking at a full AR 9mm rifle & a 5.7 conversion kit for the AR.
I purchased all the parts from Spikes and put it together myself. The ammo costs are significantly lower thus making the fun-factor even that much greater.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Do they have the Magpul B.A.D. on them?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard these 9mm ARs are pretty accurate out to at least 100 yards. Interesting.
I am expecting accuracy on a silhouette target out to at least 150 yards. This rifle is just so fun to shoot and the minimal recoil and noise is like shooting a .22. I am glad I finally took the plunge and built this rifle, it has already become a favorite and it has only been around for a few days. :bier:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
It was hard to tell in the pic. I only ask because I've ordered one and am looking for some feed back.

Yours look great. And the 9mm sounds really fun.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Sweet rig man! I love Spikes! I have been thinking about a conversion kit as well. People might argue, but I have looked at several lowers and Spikes always look the best with fit and finish.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a 9mm beretta cx4 storm, that cost way less than that 9mm ar id bet. its cool and all but i cant see the point in a 9mm ar, if u want an ar get an ar LOL thats like buying a ferrari with a honda 1.4l engine

like i said its cool and all but i dont get it

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a 9mm beretta cx4 storm, that cost way less than that 9mm ar id bet. its cool and all but i cant see the point in a 9mm ar, if u want an ar get an ar LOL thats like buying a ferrari with a honda 1.4l engine

like i said its cool and all but i dont get it
I have an AR, so I already have the Ferrari but lately can't afford the gas and insurance. The 9mm gives me all the fun at 20% of the ammo cost. I am now accumulating the parts to build a dedicated .22 AR (Spikes of course) and look forward to even cheaper tactical shooting practice. .03 cents per shot makes me very happy. :wave:

BTW: My FFL gave me everything at dealer cost so the rifle came in around $900

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Looks good. My friend had a colt 9mm back years ago and liked it. Spikes makes some nice stuff too.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Very Nice :image035:
This is one of a couple things i would love to be able to get right now :yup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an AR, so I already have the Ferrari but lately can't afford the gas and insurance. The 9mm gives me all the fun at 20% of the ammo cost. I am now accumulating the parts to build a dedicated .22 AR (Spikes of course) and look forward to even cheaper tactical shooting practice. .03 cents per shot makes me very happy. :wave:

BTW: My FFL gave me everything at dealer cost so the rifle came in around $900
hehehe i wasnt bagging on ya, i think its cool i really do, i never saw one before so its definatley unique!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep us up to date on the shooting of it... I was looking this purchase......

AR15Pro.com: Bushmaster, Model C15 9mm Carbine, 9mm Caliber, Semi-Au

Similar but the carbon-15 receiver is plastic and the Spikes is forged. Additionally, the upper is forged, which in and of itself is not a bad thing but the Spikes has a billet milled 7071-T6 upper receiver with integrated shell deflector that is also machined into the design, not a clip-on clamshell type. Spikes also accepts Colt mags (Metalform) and I got two, and a Magpul stock and a pretty good ACOG style red dot for less that the price of this Bushy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Similar but the carbon-15 receiver is plastic and the Spikes is forged. Additionally, the upper is forged, which in and of itself is not a bad thing but the Spikes has a billet milled 7071-T6 upper receiver with integrated shell deflector that is also machined into the design, not a clip-on clamshell type. Spikes also accepts Colt mags (Metalform) and I got two, and a Magpul stock and a pretty good ACOG style red dot for less that the price of this Bushy.
good to know! Thanks! It's hard to decide when you cant fondle the two to compare!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Spikes is about an hour from us, and popular in this area. Very nice work on your 9mm, and as indicated, much cheaper to shoot then the 5.56mm, which I also own. They're also nice to own if you don’t live near an outdoor range since most indoor ranges allow pistol caliber rifles.

I have Beretta CX4 and Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm Carbines. I’ve had my “plastic” Bushmaster for more than 3 years and haven’t experienced any issues with it. It’s reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts