Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42,992 Posts
I almost bought one of those as my first EDC but decided for its weight and size, I could easily step up in caliber. It was a nice enough gun, but I choose a Glock 30.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Those are nice, price as well. My brother and I bought ours together. He still has his. I traded mine for a Makarov P24 9×18 just to try something different. Enjoy breaking it in. You shouldn't have any hiccups there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
My very first carry was a bersa until I developed a limp from the weight :( Kind of wishing I never sold it as it was a fun little pistol.

·
Registered
20,617 Posts
I have owned them, and they shoot very well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Bersa Thunder's are fun guns. I've got a matte black one just like that. It will definitely loosen up and smooth out after a few rounds.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Bersa Thunders are pretty tough little pistols-we had a duo tone at the Range where I was the armorer-we no lie had thousands of rounds put thru that little pistol.
The only thing I had to fiddle with were the trigger return springs.
It finally became so worn that the slide would no longer mate with the barrel-kept missfeeding-mind you after several years as a range rental-I think that speaks volumes for the Bersa.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It finally became so worn that the slide would no longer mate with the barrel-kept missfeeding-mind you after several years as a range rental-I think that speaks volumes for the Bersa.
That is true of pretty much all guns. Some that you don't pay a lot for, like my Taurus 85 with 10,000 rounds so far, keep on ticking without any issues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My very first carry was a bersa until I developed a limp from the weight :( Kind of wishing I never sold it as it was a fun little pistol.
In the past, I carried one for 2+ years without any problems. The only problem I had was wanting to try every gun on a limited budget.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My first gun was a Bersa Thunder 380 in duotone. At some point I would like to get another as I ended up selling it in my younger - less wiser - years.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I looked at one but didn't like the magazine disconnect feature. Other than that it seems to be a great little pistol. I also like the high capacity model.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at one but didn't like the magazine disconnect feature. Other than that it seems to be a great little pistol. I also like the high capacity model.
Mag disconnect can be corrected. High cap has its advantages and disadvantages as well. I feel that 8+1 and extra 8 mag is more than sufficient for defensive carry. I just don't think that high cap, optic sights, threaded/silenced barrels are not needed for most defensive reactions.IMHO

·
Premium Member
5,171 Posts
Congratulations on the new shooter, Newt2, it should serve you well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts