Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Glock 33 on Gun Broker for use as my CCW. I took her out to the "range" yesterday and sent 100 rounds down the lane and was very pleased with the results. I started at 10' and worked out to 50 yards. I was very happy with target acquisition from 10' out to 10 yards which is where I did the majority of my shooting. At 50 yards the round had almost no drop and I could consistently hit a 1 gallon paint can without compensating for drop like I have to with my 45 and 40 cal guns. The bark was louder than any of the other handguns I fired yesterday and I would definitely not want to be standing next to it at an indoor range. It was rather bright out so I didn't really notice muzzle flash and it didn't really appear to be the flame-snorting dragon many people claim it is. Still, I'm sure she'll light up the night sky on a nice dark evening.

This is my first Glock with the "melted" muzzle and I really like how easy it is to slip into the holster. A few minutes with my files and steel wool and the trigger guard matches the rest of the "carry" package.

I am very happy with the purchase and have chosen some 147 grain Hornady XTP rounds for carry. I only put 1 mag downrange with the carry ammo though. It's difficult to find and runs $1 per slug.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fantastic! I too chose a Glock, but opted for the 19 so my girls could feel comfortable shooting it too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the trigger guard. Thinking of doing mine.
Thanks, I also did the trigger guard on my G23. It really helps in holstering in y leather holsters. I carry in a Tigua Slider and I found that the trigger guard was always snagging when I would "contort" to safely holster it.

·
Registered
38,006 Posts
I see someone has added the push-button trigger safety. Do you like it? Or could you do without?

The rounded trigger guard is nice. Don't think I'll mod mine, but I don't really see much use for the squared-off style.

Haven't heard of a "melted muzzle." What's that?

The air marshalls are going to .357 Sig, but in Sig pistols.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola...:congrats: Good range report... :yup: :hand10:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words. I actually added the Siderlock trigger safety to it. I like the option of a manual safety on my carry guns. My G23 doesn't have one yet but will probably get one in a few months. I know a lot of people don't like any kind of safety on their guns but this one works well for me. My biggest concern was reholstering in an IWB or OWB holster where you can't really see the holster or see if a bit of shirt tail might have been sticking out. My ideal gun holster would be one that would remove the safety as I drew. The Russians have one for the Makarov that chambers a round and takes the safety off as you draw.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thanks, I also did the trigger guard on my G23. It really helps in holstering in y leather holsters. I carry in a Tigua Slider and I found that the trigger guard was always snagging when I would "contort" to safely holster it.

Exactly how did you do that trigger guard?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Wise choice, congrats!

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Nice pistola choice...congrats!:yup::bier:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Very nice! Got a G36 last month and a G26 a couple of weeks ago. Nothing better than a new Glock and some quality trigger time. Congrats on the addition.:hand10:

GBK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts