Defensive Carry banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Why did you not just buy a G 19 if you were going to defeat the advantage of the G26 with it’s shorter grip?
I was wondering the same thing. Carry the G26 with the 10rd mags and carry the 15 rounders as spare mags.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I carry a Glock 19 with two extra 15 round mags and a Kahr CM9 in my front pocket as a second weapon. Perhaps I am a pessimist, but always plan for the worst and hope for the best and have been carrying that way for over 15 years.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I carry a Glock 19 with two extra 15 round mags and a Kahr CM9 in my front pocket as a second weapon. Perhaps I am a pessimist, but always plan for the worst and hope for the best and have been carrying that way for over 15 years.
If I lived in Orlando these days, I'd probably do the same. Aaaack. My childhood home was outside Leesburg, parents lived in DeLand after I left Florida, and Orlando sucked worse and worse every time I went there. Last time was 15 years ago, and I can only imagine how much worse it is now.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Good for you !!!! And I think many people have changed what they perceive as enough now days. Some will argue with that, but you carry what makes you feel comfortable !!!! My G43 has mostly been replaced with G19 or aCZ P10 lately.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Why not just get the Glock 19? My reasoning is, I have times when I need to go really small and will only use the 10 round magazine to limit printing. But most other times, when that is not needed, I can use the extra capacity- the Glock 26 can do both. I can't make the Glock 19 any smaller. Today I shot the Glock 26 as accurate as the Glock 17.

That is just my reasoning. I appreciate all the comments.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
If I lived in Orlando these days, I'd probably do the same. Aaaack. My childhood home was outside Leesburg, parents lived in DeLand after I left Florida, and Orlando sucked worse and worse every time I went there. Last time was 15 years ago, and I can only imagine how much worse it is now.
If you love New York attitude, Fast and Furious Honda Civics, insane traffic, and idiots with no regard for life, then Orlando is for you. All Disney does is muck up the works for the people that live here. They don't pay squat, treat their employees like dogs............and the Democrats have overrun Orange, and Osceola Counties. Too much Blue for me....time to fly.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I will admit...There is a 33 round mag under the seat in the car, because. Why not? I will never need it, but it makes me feel better in its little velcro nubbie.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
After I had to sell off all my weapons ( or ex wifes donated or I should say gave to persons ) I have never had a brand new one, what little I have are used and I love them because they work very well.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If you're not carrying 12 32-round back up mags, two NY-reload pistols and a snubbie in your back pocket, you are totally unprepared for life's reality.

Or you can carry on with life as usual with whatever floats the boat. I would not plan on holding off an angry mob with a G26 . . . or much else with less than a stack of 30-round mags.
Many feel that way...Some will never be satisfied with what round count they carry...They carry 30 and think 31 would better...etc etc.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
If there is a angry mob somewhere...I would hope we all have enough sense not to go there.
We usually have plenty of warning where one will be unless you live under a rock.

Even if a angry mob were to form where your at...They don't just magically appear...They take time
to ramp up and if you have any situational awareness at all you will know its time to think about getting out
of there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I love my G26 and can conceal it better than my P365 (though the P365 is a little more comfortable...just a little). I do carry a 15-round mag as a backup, but I don't use any type of grip extender. I have had one slide up the magazine enough to prevent the magazine from seating properly. That and the fact that some of them pinch like crazy during firing. I just let my extended Glock mags go raw (G26 with a G19 mag and a G30 with a G21 mag). It doesn't affect my grip much at all.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts