Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting one of these since they came out, and I finally gave in and bought it. $930 out the door. Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II. I fired 150 rounds out of it today with nary a hiccup. 100 230gr FMJ and 50 Corbon +P 230gr JHP. Boys, I was cutting out the 10 ring at 25 yards. I am officially in love.Now I know what a trophy wife feels like in my hands!!! :king:

I decided to sell my G27. Maybe I'll get a standard frame to keep at home. Here is the link to the flyer I put up at the range, the guys that work there said it should sell before the end of the week. What do you guys think??? (I deleted the formatting and name/number tear off thingies for the upload to show you guys.)

flyer on google documents

Thanks for input, good or bad.

Chad

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola...:congrats: Gotta love those Kimbers... I've got a Tactical Ultra Carry and love it...

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
Unless you really need the cash - DO NOT sell your G27! At least wait until you are done with Kimber's break-in period.

You might find there are times when you need something smaller/lighter than the Kimber, or with greater ammo capacity.

With all the accessories you have, you already have a great setup. If you can swing the money - keep it.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Very nice Kimber (I have two Kimbers.:yup:), but I would definitely keep the Glock...:yup::hand10::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Very pretty 1911. If I had $600 burning a hole in my pocket, I'd snap that glock right up.
I would keep the G27 also. It never hurts to have a backup.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Very nice. As stated above don't be in any hurry to sell the Glock. Unless finances force.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thats the exact gun (minus the laser) I have been lusting over for months now. Hearing another sucessful adoption story just makes it worse.

Congradulations :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I've been agonizing over selling the G27. With your input, I will be less agressive over getting rid of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great Kimber and the Crimson models are really a bargain for what you're getting. I have a couple of Kimbers as well and they still impress the dickens out of me. I would also suggest keeping the Glock. It's nice to have a weapon that you don't care if it gets scuffed up a little plus you can never have too many pistols LOL! Congrats again!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Congrats on the new member of the family - I also would advise against selling the G27 unless there are specific reasons for doing so.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you can afford to do it I'd keep the 27 around at least for a bit. That Kimber won't be quite a comfortable to carry on a hot summer day in a pair of shorts.

You're gonna have a little break-in period with the Kimber as well I imagine and I would want something else I know will go "Bang" if I needed it.

Just my .02 and as always YMMV.

Sweet looking Kimber BTW.

Be Safe,

NosaM

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Unless you really need the cash - DO NOT sell your G27! At least wait until you are done with Kimber's break-in period.

You might find there are times when you need something smaller/lighter than the Kimber, or with greater ammo capacity.

With all the accessories you have, you already have a great setup. If you can swing the money - keep it.
Very nice. As stated above don't be in any hurry to sell the Glock. Unless finances force.

NICE!! What they said^^^^^^

" The country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of the hammer "
Will Rogers

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Very nice Kimber... I almost went the Kimber route myself, but opted for the G26 instead. I'd still like to have one for the range though. Unless it's too late, I'd hang onto that G27. IMO, it just fits to well in most deep concealment and even everyday carry uses.

GBK

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Any self-respecting BG should be honored if shot by one of those. Yes, I'm kidding! Oh, and welcome to the primrose path of buy, sell and trade…
Regards,

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The reason I was thinking about getting rid of the 27 is to get a larger gun. I really can't shoot the 27 that well. I can hit the 9 and 10 ring out to about 10 yards, and past that I'm shooting really terrible groups. I have no trust in myself carrying it. Maybe I'm just overly critical, I know it's supposed to be a close up gun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts