Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had previously asked opinions on the S&W 3913, hoping for some negative reviews (I'm broke).

No such luck. Everyone had praise for them. So here it is, my new, to me, 3913. It has been fired, but is basically as new. The serial number says it was born in 1990. Under Canadian law it is classsified as a prohibited weapon (barrel less than 4.1"), but I am a grandfathered collector in this class of firearms.

It may just replace my P7 as my EDC when I go south of the 49th. Now I have to get a holster for it (anybody got one they don't want?).

I scored a couple of extra mags on another forum. Under the "Trust Your Fellow Man" department, you're gonna love this one. A guy I've never heard of or corresponded with has two for sale, $20 shipped. I PM him and ask their condition. He says they're great. I say you sound like a stand up guy, I trust you, send me your address and I'll send you a money order. He emails back saying that I sound like a man of my word. Send him my address and he'll send me the mags. I can send him the money order after I've inspected them and seen they're OK. Kinda restores your faith in your fellow man.

Anyway, without further adieu (spelling?), here's my new (to me) 3913...................

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
congrats, I like those Smiths...

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Excellent weapon, it'll serve you well for many years! :yup:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Gunny! You posted this just in time! Those guns are horribly defective! Send it to me for proper disposal! Don't forget the extra mags, I can always use.....er.....I mean they're defective too!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I had previously asked opinions on the S&W 3913, hoping for some negative reviews (I'm broke).

No such luck. Everyone had praise for them. So here it is, my new, to me, 3913. It has been fired, but is basically as new. The serial number says it was born in 1990. Under Canadian law it is classsified as a prohibited weapon (barrel less than 4.1"), but I am a grandfathered collector in this class of firearms.

It may just replace my P7 as my EDC when I go south of the 49th. Now I have to get a holster for it (anybody got one they don't want?).

I scored a couple of extra mags on another forum. Under the "Trust Your Fellow Man" department, you're gonna love this one. A guy I've never heard of or corresponded with has two for sale, $20 shipped. I PM him and ask their condition. He says they're great. I say you sound like a stand up guy, I trust you, send me your address and I'll send you a money order. He emails back saying that I sound like a man of my word. Send him my address and he'll send me the mags. I can send him the money order after I've inspected them and seen they're OK. Kinda restores your faith in your fellow man.

Anyway, without further adieu (spelling?), here's my new (to me) 3913...................
I have a 4516 from about the late 80's...great guns....Congrats and you will not be unhappy! Enjoy it and fire it ALOT...can't hurt it!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

AND about the fellow man thing.......why is it that upstanding, decent, good people who have faith in what we all have faith in, get such a bad rap???? I am glad, and not surprised that your experience was so good. Again, enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Congrats on the fine 'new' weapon.:bier:
Now how is it that you can keep that weapon in your Canadian home?:confused:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Congratulations on a fine handgun purchase.

I can't help but to feel sorry for all your Canadian brethren who have to live under such Euro-Draconian gun laws.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Looks to be in very fine condition!

I can't help you on the holster search, but how do you plan to carry it?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Kramer for holsters

One of the best US holster makers is Kramer Leather, located in Tacoma, Washington, just south of you. I just checked and they make most of their models for the S&W 3913 handgun. I have a number of their holsters and particularly like the horsehide versions. Here is a link to the website:

Kramer Leather website

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Gunny! You posted this just in time! Those guns are horribly defective! Send it to me for proper disposal! Don't forget the extra mags, I can always use.....er.....I mean they're defective too!![/QUOTE

LMAO!
Congratulations!
I had a 39-2, am kinda kicking myself for sellig it .
one of the best shooters! Never had a problem: so like one of the other posters, said , shoot it often, You WILL not hurt it.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

·
Registered
4 Posts
3913 Holster Suggestions

When I got my 3913 off Gunbroker, it came with a Kramer # 1 1/2 IWB. I wore it for a few weeks, but there were a couple things I didn't like about it. First, it held the weapon with the barrel pointed almost directly downward and I prefer quite a bit of cant rearward. Second, it has two belt loops right next to each other that always seemed to fall exactly where my pants belt loop was, so I was forced to carry it a little forward or rearward of ideal. On the plus side, it's reinforced so it holds itself open for reholstering, and the leather provided a nice secure hold, but still a clean draw. Also very well constructed.

I've since bought this holster from Tucker, here in Texas.
It was not made for the 3913, but I wasn't willing to wait for a custom fit, so I remolded an existing one myself. Very pleased.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Do they still sell "Black Talons" up by you? If you picked them up on line please advise where. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the fine 'new' weapon.:bier:
Now how is it that you can keep that weapon in your Canadian home?:confused:
Well, by now you should know I have a fairly substantial collection in my Canadian home. All legal and registered, with all the paperwork required for my travels within Canada and the US.

Of course, forget about even considering carrying them in my home Country, hence my signature line.

And the Black Talons, I've had them for years. Just wanted to see if anyone would bite on them. They're also just to dress up the photo. They're actually .45ACP, not 9mm.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I have the 4006 and it's virtually bomb proof.

Congratulations, and enjoy.

·
Registered
862 Posts
3913 is a great gun!!! I love mine! Looks like you got some top notch stuff. That's a solid SOG knife i have a buddy with one and he loves it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats, and nice S&W!!

:image035:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts