Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up from my LGS last week. Thus far, especially for the price, I'm impressed with the fit and finish. Everything seems tight and well put together. The finish is even and very well done. Much better than the RIAs I've owned. (Loved the RIA, but never was fond of its finish.) Cycling the slide is smooth; the trigger, crisp with very little travel. Nothing beats a 1911 trigger in my opinion. Above all that, it passes the 1911s list of safety checks.

For a budget 1911, so far, I'm very impressed. We'll see how she performs...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Define "budget".

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Define "budget".
I paid $450'ish. Total, with transfer fee, was under $500. Apologies, should have mentioned that earlier.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
'Nice-looking pistol. I've been hoping some of ya'll would start trying these out. Bud's swears by them.

'Looking forward to range reports and updates.

{edit} Is that a FLGR that I see? That should be the first thing to go.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'Nice-looking pistol. I've been hoping some of ya'll would start trying these out. Bud's swears by them.

'Looking forward to range reports and updates.

{edit} Is that a FLGR that I see? That should be the first thing to go.
It does have a FLGR. There are a few upgrades I can think of. The first being the mag. It comes with one ACT mag. I disassembled and cleaned it as well..but its still an ACT mag. It had some goo in it and felt a little sticky when the follower was depressed. Seems to cycle OK, but could be easily improved with a Chip or Wilson. The second would be the FLGR and perhaps a more substantial barrel bushing. I don't see much issue with it 'as is' though.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
It does have a FLGR. There are a few upgrades I can think of. The first being the mag. It comes with one ACT mag. I disassembled and cleaned it as well..but its still an ACT mag. It had some goo in it and felt a little sticky when the follower was depressed. Seems to cycle OK, but could be easily improved with a Chip or Wilson. The second would be the FLGR and perhaps a more substantial barrel bushing. I don't see much issue with it 'as is' though.
I have an ATI that came with the ACT mags, and I immediately upgraded it to Wilsons. No good. Oddly, it only cycles consistently with the ACT mags. :confused:

·
Registered
20,610 Posts
Very nice. I have heard good things about them. I believe they are made I Turkey.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. I have heard good things about them. I believe they are made I Turkey.
Some may balk at that, but I don't mind. I've been in touch with the manufacturer with some positive results. However, due to time differences, there is some delay with their response...but not terribly so. I've asked about the availability of extra parts and the weight of the factory recoil spring. (Complete back-up pin set and stainless grip screws.) We'll see where that takes us. I'm curious about how their CS will respond.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I bought a Tisas 1911 and upgraded it with a few colt and wilson parts. Still well under 600 bucks total for everything, fired it at the range yesterday with what I thought were the Chip Mccormic mags I bought it was the standard magazine that came with it, was pleasantly surprised, out of 300 rounds, had two failures from the rounds not chambering and feeding out of the magazine. I am very happy with it for the price I paid.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
It has an accessory rail on it, it's not a real 1911! :redface:

Seriously, give us a range report on it, when you've shot it.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
The only thing I saw that I was not too fond of was the warning engraving..

Other than that it looks nice.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
It looks alright...but I am msaving for an STI

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
IF you ever have to use it, I'd much rather have a <$500 pistol confiscated than a Les Bauer , Wilson etc. and the BG will be just as incapacitated , a .45 is still a .45 might be why I carry a RIA Government 1911 A1

·
Registered
65 Posts
I handled (but didn't shoot) one of these the other day. It looked and felt nice. The tolerances were "tight."

I'm sure there are some MIM parts inside, but it looks like a nice base from which to customize.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
If a Turkish 1911 can have a Mil-Spec 1913 rail, then why can't an HK USP?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One last photo: cocked and locked. The more I mess with her, the more I like her. Kinda like some the girls I've dated in the distant past - except much better looking.

uploadfromtaptalk1372193905682.jpg

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Define "budget".
Mmmm...What your wife THINKS you paid :vs: what it actually cost you?:rofl::lolp:

To the OP...
When I think a budget version, 'cheap' always comes to mind...not necessarily a good or bad thing...just cheap! So I guess it depends upon what one is buying.

Reactions: WHEC724 and varob

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To the OP...
When I think a budget version, 'cheap' always comes to mind...not necessarily a good or bad thing...just cheap! So I guess it depends upon what one is buying.
Semantics I suppose...I won't be drawn into such a debate. If that is your intent.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts