Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made by David Farmer.

I am going to use this one as my Deer Hunter/Skinner this year. Great sharp knife with a nice thick spine. He used Red Palm for the scales and it was antique Saw blade that donated the steel. It has a 4" slightly drop pointed blade. Brass pins. A little over 8" OAL. Hand fits is perfect for me.

I am in the process of learning to tie a Lanyard for it. Trying to work with some leather which is rather tricky.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Very nice skinner, I hate even mentioning it after seeing your knife, I just bought a Buck Mini Alpha Hunter off ebay yesterday. I am going to have to look at his site after seeing a picture of yours. Now I wish that I didn't win my auction.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No David is one of us Southerners and is from Acworth Georgia. He has a rudimentary web site (http://dfarmerknives.com) but he often posts up knives for sale on Bladeforums in the "for sale by Knife maker" section. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=754

There are a ton of great makers hang out over there an offer up their wares. If your a knife enthusiast or just someone looking for something for yourself as a unique "user" you'll do your self a favor by being a member there and looking there for your needs. Treat yourself... and help out a knife maker at the same time. Great talent over there.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
That's nice and the photo is excellent! I have three auto-blade Microtech's and I need two of those like a need a hole in the head.
Regards, :blink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a beautiful knife. Hand made knives are awesome! I was a gun show recently, and was taken in by some custom, hand made knives. Howes Knife Shop, in Northern Michigan sells them. They have a website www.howesknifeshop.com. I'd love something like this

My fixed blade knife is similar to one retsupt99's but without the gutting hook. It's the Buck Vanguard.

Haven't gutted deer (none shot yet). But it does a great job on chickens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts