Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well picked this up at the gun show this past weekend. Taurus 605 bk. Saw some custom grips a few tables over and picked them up too. Installed grips as soon as I got home. Shot it on Sunday (sweet). Carried it out today after work in the pocket with a holster and it was rather nice....will pick up some strips for a quick reload.

My Kimber will still be my primary CC piece though...but this little whopper will get some CC action too...maybe even a BUG at times.

Question..what the best way to clean that trigger up? I want it shiney.

PICS!!:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sweet. Is that a .357?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yep that's a stinger alright.

It's a beauty.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I don't know if you can shine it too much... Looks like it's case hardened

Congrats on the new pistola... :congrats:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Nice! That'll make a hellofa BUG.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Did you go to the SAXET show in Robstown?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice looking revolver. I like the wood grips. I just traded my 642 for a new G27, but think my next purchase will be another revolver. This time I'm thinking of going with the exposed hammer so I'll have the SA/DA option. Possibly in the .357 caliber as well.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Most S&W's hammer and trigger are case hardened so you will not be able to make them shine.

Great looking grips. How do they hamdle the recoil?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Attended the one in Fort Worth @ the Will Rogers complex.

The grips aren't to much of a difference. I'm just not used to how a revolver of this size recoils....stings a bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it the more I train and shoot with it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
357! Thats a bug!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was there bought the same gun the OP did, but mine is in SS and I don't have the nice grips he does.

Yeah, but the SS and cleaner trigger makes up for it.

Both are nice firearms for the price we picked'em up for.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Seeing those grips makes me very anxious for the next show. I saw the grip booth right by the booth I bought this gun at, and I am kicking myself for not getting a set.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts