Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

Just thought I'd share a few pics of my new Mosquito! I just got it Saturday. I haven't used it yet but I'm dyyyyyyyyyyyyying here..lol

Mike

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
nice looking gun. Let us know how it shoots, once ya get a chance.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Just bought one, its a little picky on ammo , doesn't seem to like
low power 22s but loves cci mini-mags.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Mike - thought you'd gone AWOL :wink:

I too will be very interested to know how it performs - not heard all good things about those and yet ergonomically, looks etc - they are most appealing.

Now break-in - git'r'done :smile:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Chris,

Not AWOL.....never happen. Just busy training for my 3rd degree Black belt...........It paid off.....I passed!

Now, I'm back and dying to use my new Mosquito. I'll let you all know how it does. I'm gonna take it to the range Saturday. Looks like I'll need to bring along my high velocity spring....

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have put a few hundred rounds downrange out of one that my buddy owns - and I like it. It used high vel rounds - and it did choke on a few during the first 100 or so - but after it "broke in" - it was a joy to shoot.

I don't expect it to be "uber" reliable - its only a .22 lr. My Ruger 22/45's aren't "uber" reliable either - that rimmed cartridge would be heck for designers to have to work around.

I consider ALL .22's as toys (not for HD or PD) - and as such - this Mosquito is real fun toy.

cheers

tire iron

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just busy training for my 3rd degree Black belt...........It paid off.....I passed!
Well done Mike - good result. Good to see you back. :smilez:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
You all can laugh if you want, Im using my mosquito as my primary carry. My hands are very Arthritic and I figure that some gun is better than chucking rocks. I feel that its the best for me being very easy on the recoil.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chris!

Good to be back! Say, I have some feedback on that Nite Ize maglite head. One of the bulbs has gone out.....but.......the other two seem brighter than before! Everyone in my office uses this light now and we all love it!

Enigmaone? How does it shoot? Does yours like standard load or HV?

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
It is really a nice shooter, I proably paid to much for it about 475 and
some change but it seems perfect for me , i know its not exactly
a big manstoper but i can really shoot it well unlike my last carry
a Sig P-220 , as i said though my hands just can't take the harsh recoil any more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm considering a .22 with a threaded barrel and a suppressor. Based on what I've read on various forums, HV rounds are the way to go. CCI has been particularly favorable.

I'm considering either the Walther or the Mosquito. Since I'm a diehard Sig Fan(atic), I'm tempted to go for the Mosquito.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm

My father in law bought a Wather this weekend. He is bringing it along Saturday when we go shooting. I'll let you know how it performs.

As fas as stopping bower goes, do you use hollow points?

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Try em both Blinky, Either one should be great shooters. Rent them if you canOr cheat and buy both!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Myself even though there small, yes Sir I use hollwpoints. I figure if
I dump 10 rounds in the BGs shorts Should keep em busy while i skidaddle as fast as i can to better safety and reload and call 911
all the usual steps......

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Actually judging by feedback comments the Walther I would avoid, tho supposedly they have sorted what was put down to mag issues. I think in most cases anyways, .22 semi's thrive way better on HV ammo or better.
You all can laugh if you want, Im using my mosquito as my primary carry.
Enigma - no laugh here!! I do not obviously suggest .22 as primary in most cases, rimfire and all that but hey - if you are restricted in your choice then go for it - no doubt whatsoever - any gun better than no gun that's for sure.

Mike - sorry to hear an LED has gone phut - others brighter, hmmm I reckon because now they can draw more current - which may compromize them quicker. However, at the priuce of the conversion it's not a huge cash loss. Mine lives in truck now so not used a whole lot but still running on all cylinders!!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
P95, The sig was big enough i wouldn't fumble it, but also it fits my hands like no other gun has and so far i have run over 1000 rounds
thru it I just wish that they would make it in 22winmag!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,574 Posts
LPguy said:
Hi Chris,

Not AWOL.....never happen. Just busy training for my 3rd degree Black belt...........It paid off.....I passed!

Mike
Congrats on the new gun, and the new BELT! Lots of work go into those - congratulations! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I just wish that they would make it in 22winmag!!!!
There's food for thought!! :evil: Of course that round is so darned long I doubt it'd ever feed in a semi but - appealing though!

Of course an NAA mini in .22WMR might be good to have in your pocket too!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts