Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my girlfriend wanted me to pick out my xmas present this year and we just got around to it. we headed down to my favorite store and i asked what sog fixed blades he had in stock. he then brings out something that had just arrived and i just fell in love with it, that was all i needed to make up my mind. It is the speciall edition satin finished Sog tech bowie. great weight and balance, shaving sharp, very nice.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Nice traditional blade profile.

Hard to tell for sure but the sheath - looks like a sorta Kydex deal. Is knife well secure when in place? Nice way to start a new year :smile:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is Kydex, and it is very secure, there is actually no need for the snap that goes over the handle as the sheath holds it that well. also there is a really cool feature that lets you put the the sheath on your belt without having to unbuckle your belt.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Nice! I've never owned a SOG, but they look like really decent knives. :yup:

·
Administrator
143,818 Posts
Nice SOG

Very nice knife! Congrats.
I like SOG Knives.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i really love this knife, but have run in to a bit of a dilemma...it is labeled as a special addition due to its finish, but i can't see not using it, i don't can't justify adding it to the "collection" unless it was custom made and cost a fair bit more, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
For me, knives are tools. I wouldn't own one I couldn't actually use. Use it....take care of it. SOG is a brand used by some of the pros I know.....those for whom having a brand name that tags the product as "American" makes no difference. They desire a quality knife to do a rugged job. Others I know must use knives that are utterly "sterile" just in case it gets ummmm LOST in somebody along the way.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have several Sog knives, including a couple of Sog Flash 2s. These are some of the best assisted openers on the market today.

And the sog revolver knife is both knife, and saw, in one!

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
nice knife. I see em as tools too. i got rid of the knives I don't actually use for 1 purpose or another.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Very nice! SOG makes good knives. Eventually I'd like one of their Desert Daggers (don't know why...I just want one :biggrin: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts