Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted in a while so thought I would show you guys (and gals) my new pistol. Picked up my Kimber Custom TLE II (and first 1911) on Wednesday after I cancelled my order for a Tactical Custom II. This is a brand new pistol with the IE shipped from Kimber on April 12th. Last Wednesday was my first disassembly of a 1911 and it went very well, except for figuring out how to depress the plunger when reinstalling the slide stop. It only took two hours for the disassembly, cleaning, lubing, and reassembly (there was a lot of intense studying of the internals and taking my time). The gun was surprisingly very dirty from the factory, but now it is spotless. I just got back from the range after 200 rounds of WWB 230gr FMJ without 1 single issue. This was all shot with 3 brand new Wilson Combat 47Ds. All in all I am extremely pleased. I would say that I shot as well if not better with this gun the first time than I do currently with all my Glocks. I am hooked!

BTW, this pistol will be used for daily carry and IDPA competition. I am already planning a few mods!:wink:

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
nice gun Hoss ! so she shoots as good as she looks, great ! :smile:

·
Registered
753 Posts
nice shooter!

I love my Kimber. it shoots flawlessly

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
From one Kimber owner(I own two) to another...congrats.

Lots of pistols get a bad rep cuz the new owner(of a new pistol) doesn't take the time to give the weapon a very thorough inspection,cleaning,F&B(if needed,which I feel ALL firearms do) and a gentle lubeing in just the right places. It's amazeing how many shooters show up at the range with a box or two of ammo and the pistol streight from the gunshop.

BTW great choice of mags. >> ENJOY -------

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Nice :smilez:

Love the beavertail - and hey, is that std to come with flat MSH - or did you specify it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P95Carry said:
Nice :smilez:

Love the beavertail - and hey, is that std to come with flat MSH - or did you specify it?
The pistol is factory, delivered direct from Kimber. So yes it comes standard. Why do you ask?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just curious as to whether an option choice, re arched or flat MSH. I have a pref' for arched, that's all so wondered :smilez:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
:hand10: Congrats on the nice pistol -

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sweet
Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
RSSZ said:
From one Kimber owner(I own two) to another...congrats.

Lots of pistols get a bad rep cuz the new owner(of a new pistol) doesn't take the time to give the weapon a very thorough inspection,cleaning,F&B(if needed,which I feel ALL firearms do) and a gentle lubeing in just the right places. It's amazeing how many shooters show up at the range with a box or two of ammo and the pistol streight from the gunshop.

BTW great choice of mags. >> ENJOY -------
Maybe I'm in the minority, but if I've just paid serious money for a pistol, I EXPECT to be able to shoot it right out of the box. I'm not a gunsmith, and I'll be pretty upset if my new purchase needs work when it's brand new -- would you buy a brand new car and take it from the dealer to a mechanic for a tune up and brake job?

I guess that's why I bought a Glock :smile:

-Paul

·
Registered
186 Posts
PJH said:
I guess that's why I bought a Glock :smile:

-Paul
I kinda feel the same about my XD. It came right from the factory ready to go, whereas I feel 1911s in general are a bit too finicky.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
You're supposed to clean and lube the glocks and XD because as with all other makers of guns they put a thicker storage grease on the guns since they don't know how long they will sit and don't want them to rust

The thicker grease is not conducive to the pistol running right the first time

if your happy with you glock more power to ya but not much point in i wanted it to run out of the box so i bought a glock post on this members thread.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm wiping the drewel from my lips!!! Saving my $$ for one, Nice gun!!! Enjoy and get good with it.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Nice Kimber.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PJH, just as Bud White said, all manufacturers ship guns with protective storage grease to prevent any rust when you purchase your new gun. I have 3 Glocks, and I did exactly the same thing with them that I did with my Kimber: took them home, cleaned them, and then lubed them before I ever shot them. If you do not do this with any pistol you are only hurting your pistol. Trust me, call up Wilson Combat where they sell some of the best guns in the world, and they will tell you the same thing. But thanks for your opinion. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
There is nothing like the good trigger on a 1911 is there Hoss?

Though i will say the sig 220SAO comes close sure dont feel like a 5# trigger

Wait till ya get 1-2K rounds though that kimber. The trigger will get better and better

Since it is your first 1911 keep a watch for Gunk to build up around extractor

1 - 20 of 30 Posts