Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Very nice , I have been trying to talk myself into one and I'm almost there .

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks for showing pix of my next gun!! I'm a cash kinda person, so am saving my pennies. Soon!!

·
Banned
102 Posts
looks damn good...

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is what I usually carry. For a 10+1 .45 it conceals well. Trigger takes some getting used to but is pretty easy to shoot.

Why the bandaid on the trigger finger? Too much shooting?

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Good lookin pistol. I have the PT 24 7 C DS .40. I like the ride height of the holster you show, it looks like it's pretty comfortable. :bier:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I usually carry. For a 10+1 .45 it conceals well. Trigger takes some getting used to but is pretty easy to shoot.

Why the bandaid on the trigger finger? Too much shooting?
I wish that were the reason. I have a very stubborn "wart" I'm trying to get rid of.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had one, felt great in my hand. Very small grip for having 10 rounds of .45 - Hope yours is better for you then mine was though. I couldn't get over the LOOOOOONG trigger pull. And I was ok with that knowing that it wasn't a range gun but for self defense at a close distance. But somewhere after 500 and before 1000 rounds (I don't keep track) mine developed a frame crack. (see this link for pics) Taurus PT145 Millenium PRO FRAME CRACK - Glock Talk
and
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-guns/87619-new-taurus-pt145-owner-3.html

Good luck to you.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Nice pistola, and in the right caliber, too.:rolleyes::bier:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thanks for showing pix of my next gun!! I'm a cash kinda person, so am saving my pennies. Soon!!
I'm not the only one who refuses to put firearms on the CC and owe someone else for I see. :wave:

That's one of the few Taurus guns I actually like too. Grats on new purchase OP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stratispho - those are both issues with gen 1 guns.

I carry the gen 3 which is DA/SA. Always SA unless you need a re-strike on the ammo. Trigger pull is short and light for any SA condition.

Gen 1 guns had some frame problems, but the gun is easy to distinguish from later models

1 - 16 of 16 Posts