Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas I decided to get a new rig for my dad and his S&W 637 and while I was at it, I decided to get one for my colt. I have never owned a Pure Kustom and from all the banter (mostly the bad. Can they really be that bad?) I decided to give them a shot.

Final they arrived. The packaging was great except for the packing peanuts....Oh how I HATE packing peanuts! But the therapist is helping me with that so on to the rest of the story. The fit and finish is exceptional but way too tight on the Colt and a few hours in the recommended bag helped with that. They are the most adjustable holsters I have seen and they are really comfortable. I am a big guy 6'4" and 250 so finding anything that fits the way it should is hard and these fit the curve of my hip just right. I am excited to have them and after using them for a while I will give you the rest of my opinion if you want it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Nice score!!:congrats:

I'm on the list for one of Rocky's works of art for my EDC.

What was the turnaround time?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turnaround was fast 7 days. He had to build the one for the S&W. He called me to say that he was sorry for the delay and that he would have had it to me sooner but in my opinion 7 days for something hand made is plenty fast.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Nice leather grouping...:yup::hand10::wave:

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
For Christmas I decided to get a new rig for my dad and his S&W 637 and while I was at it, I decided to get one for my colt. I have never owned a Pure Kustom and from all the banter (mostly the bad. Can they really be that bad?) I decided to give them a shot.

Final they arrived. The packaging was great except for the packing peanuts....Oh how I HATE packing peanuts! But the therapist is helping me with that so on to the rest of the story. The fit and finish is exceptional but way too tight on the Colt and a few hours in the recommended bag helped with that. They are the most adjustable holsters I have seen and they are really comfortable. I am a big guy 6'4" and 250 so finding anything that fits the way it should is hard and these fit the curve of my hip just right. I am excited to have them and after using them for a while I will give you the rest of my opinion if you want it.
Thanks for the review Yellow7rr, Glade you like them.:santaclaus:

Ummm, I figured out the peanuts problem. Helicopter business+ packing peanuts = :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

I would have to admit, It would be pretty funny to watch!!!:rofl: :gah:

Please do remember to leave the (banter) guy a liitle note. Funny how the guys that talk smack are the ones that don't own any of my holsters.:twak:

Turnaround was fast 7 days. He had to build the one for the S&W. He called me to say that he was sorry for the delay and that he would have had it to me sooner but in my opinion 7 days for something hand made is plenty fast.

Oh and just so I don't get LYNCHED!!!. Your holsters were assembled already. Just not dyed yet. Turn around time is 6 to 8 weeks on standard gun holsters.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Oh and just so I don't get LYNCHED!!!. Your holsters were assembled already. Just not dyed yet. Turn around time is 6 to 8 weeks on standard gun holsters.
Thanks for that Rocky, I'll cancel my order from "Ropes 'R Us". :rofl:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the review Yellow7rr, Glade you like them.:santaclaus:

Ummm, I figured out the peanuts problem. Helicopter business+ packing peanuts = :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

I would have to admit, It would be pretty funny to watch!!!:rofl: :gah:

Please do remember to leave the (banter) guy a liitle note. Funny how the guys that talk smack are the ones that don't own any of my holsters.:twak:

Yea blades+peanuts = one verry fustrated man :aargh4:
And I should have mentioned they were almost done but look at the bright side I hear that hemp necklaces are in this year

·
Administrator
144,028 Posts
Nice!
The only way it can end up right is to start out a bit too tight. <~~~I'm a poet and don't even know it. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
:censored: Don't you guys no better than to poke the bear? I remember when I use to do tattoo's and the guy getting ink USE to talk smack.
Don't know about poke, but how about :1schmuddel04:

Just kidding Rocky, actually :You_Rock_Emoticon:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Dang... I really need to find a job so I can buy a Pure Kustom! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts