Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give the new Shield. 45 a try. I have learned from experience to do a little research on a firearm before taking the plunge. I enjoy reading reviews on TTAG, the only malfunction the reviewer experienced was the slide failed to lock back after 400+ rounds. None of my lgs had one in stock so I'm having to go out of town to buy mine. I will be paying $415 for my Shield .45, I have a lgs about 5 minutes away that has their 9mm Shields priced for $459. I am looking forward to giving it a try. What has been your experience?

·
Super Moderator
18,790 Posts
Full review anticipated.

The .40 Shield that is around here is ok. I sure do like .45 ACP though.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I decided to give the new Shield. 45 a try. I have learned from experience to do a little research on a firearm before taking the plunge. I enjoy reading reviews on TTAG, the only malfunction the reviewer experienced was the slide failed to lock back after 400+ rounds. None of my lgs had one in stock so I'm having to go out of town to buy mine. I will be paying $415 for my Shield .45, I have a lgs about 5 minutes away that has their 9mm Shields priced for $459. I am looking forward to giving it a try. What has been your experience?
Sounds like a bargain to me, AF01 ! Congrats, Dude ! :danceban:
Like everyone else, I await your range report.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
My 9mm Shield has been great. I'm guessing they'll roll out lots of after market goodies so you can personalizing it. I certainly did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts