Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while back I was posting about weather I should go with a Sig 239 or a 229. Well, I went with the 229. I have to say this may be one of the best choices Ive ever made when it comes to choosing a firearm. It handles and shoots awsome. My only concern now is getting the right holster to tote this puppy. I would like to stick with OWB carry for this being its going to be my "cold weather gun". For warm weather I cant cover up anything more then my MK9. Any sugesstions would be great. By the way I traded my G27 for this gun, thought I might regreat it but happy to say I dont. Not the my 27 was a bad gun but words can't discribe how i feel about the new one:danceban:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have two Sigs, a P220ST Langdon Edition and just recently bought a P226R with Crimson Trace Laser grips. Both are works of art, both in the way they handle and the way they shoot! Ordered a OWB holster from Kevin at K&D Holsters. Galco makes good OWB holsters
(or IWB for that matter) and they are pretty readily available. Check out some different web sites, just Google holsters, and have fun.
Don't forget the excellent craftsmen on this forum! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I've always liked the ergonomics of the 229 as well, it's a wonderful pistol. For OWB holsters I'd look at Brommeland's Def-Con, K&D's Laredo and Eagle Defenders, Matt Del Fatti and Mark Garrity as well as several others. Just pick one that tickles your fancy, they're all good folks.

Congrats on a great pistol, let us know how it handles at the range.
Jack

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
holsters

Look at Don Hume great stuff, for not a lot of money., a little more look at galco, even more nothing beats Mitch Rosen

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Congrats on the SIG ED - you're gonna like that!

Rigs? So many choices but every top notch holster maker here will be able to cover that. I like my Eagle Defender for the 226 EDC - it also happens to work well too for my 220 and 228.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome to the club, Ed. I bought the P239 last month and have been trying to wear it out shooting it. It is a great pistol. I have a Cochise Defender on order from Kevin at KD for my regular carry holster. Since I do some pretty regular trips in my truck I have also ordered a C & D Crossdraw from Mark Garrity. I am looking forward to getting them in 8 to 12 weeks.:aargh4: Good things come to those who wait, but I don't have to like it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
FWIW, Lightning Arms is now stocking a limited selection of Del Fatti gear along with gear from Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi and Galco.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Congrats on the SIG, I don't think you could have gone wrong with either model, but I'm a little biased. Don't think you'll miss the Glock either.

·
Registered
569 Posts
P239

Got a P239 myself. Very, very nice. I did actually have a problem with stove piping when I first got it, but sent it to Sig and they did their thing. Not one jam ever since, and thats with all kinds of ammo.
It's realy accurate too.

Only thing is I kinda would like a double stack too, but it's pretty hot here in Houston and I was going for the slimmer profile.

Maybe I need to have BOTH, yeah, that's it. I need both......

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Congrats on your P229 BigE. It should serve you well for a long time. I own most all of the Sigs except the P239. I like them all and they all work great for me so far. A lot of good suggestions for holsters. Any of them should work well. I have a OWB for most of my Sigs and they work fine for me.

-Scott-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been carrying one for 14 years, just transitioned to the 229R DAK (issued) I like it, great sidearm!! I think I am really going to like the DAK. For IWB check out sidearmour.net good stuff!! SPG
http://sidearmor.net/

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats on your new Sig....you are going to love it.

In my opinion, Sigs are the best gun made. I have 4 and will be buying a 5th in August or September. I am debating between either a P229, P229 DAK, or a P245. That is if I can find a new P245 that hasn't been sold yet.

I really want to get the DAK trigger, but I am afraid to buy it without really trying it. The trigger seems great when dry firing it. However, I don't know anyone who has one or a range that has one to rent.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
sigs are good guns. i would look at the galco holsters for your gun.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Don Hume 721 Holster

I have a Sig P229 and have used a Don Hume Open Top 721 holster with it. The holster is fairly priced at either the Hume or Gunners Alley websites, and works very well.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
DeSantis

DeSantis makes a Speed Scabbard that allows the Sig to come out smooth as butter, about $60. Second on the Don Hume open top with sweat guard, about $40 from gunners Alley. All OWB

Two favorites IWB. Mith Rosen VMII, probably the best. Fist makes a similar one for less money. Comp Tac leather and Kydex hides well also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts