Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Euc i wouldn't come back to this thread if i were you i just finished shooting the pics not i got to edit and upload

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics are not my best sorry just couldn't get them to come out good thing batteries in camera need recharge

Let me tell you the Double actions is SWEEET so sweet it gives wood.

The Single action is unbelievable its is so light

It is a moon clipped gun the one item in the pic is the replacement for the comp a thread cover .

It came with the wood grips and the Hogues on complaint is the Wood grips they are very nice and well fit.. So my complaint ??

they would be very nice on a snubbie not a fullsize 357 even the Guys at gun shop thought so

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks good, Bud. Sure outclasses that little "P-shooter" I picked up yesterday.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great stuff Bud - I am pretty sure that is same gun as a shooting bud has and his trigger was sweeeet. Very nice - eight pops of pure delight :smile:

Not a P-shooter yours John - very nice aquisition - is that gonna be 1º or a BUG?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just a pocket carry/BUG for when I'm not carrying the XD40. Havent taken it to the range yet. Gotta go to WW and get some ammo first. Should be interesting in the recoil dept, as last revolver I had was an SW model 10 way back in the mid-60's, and sold it for $25!! Dummy me...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
SW model 10 way back in the mid-60's, and sold it for $25!!
Don't you just cringe when you think back to those guns - you never should have gotten rid of. :wink:

I swear, almost any gun we sell or trade - comes back to bite us later because we know we should have kept it.! Only exceptions of course are the odd lemon.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NevJohn said:
Just a pocket carry/BUG for when I'm not carrying the XD40. Havent taken it to the range yet. Gotta go to WW and get some ammo first. Should be interesting in the recoil dept, as last revolver I had was an SW model 10 way back in the mid-60's, and sold it for $25!! Dummy me...
Recoil should be pretty tame i shot the WWB in my 38 cobra every now and then and its isn't bad at all

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Great Pics Bud

High Class Piece Of Shootin' Iron!

And nice also NevJohn.
I had an old S&W BG once...boo hoo I miss it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bud,
I have one and really enjoy it.
I've bobbed the hammer and smoothed & lightened the action. I have it at 6 1/4 lbs. double action pull. It's a sweetheart. I use Ranch moonclips with no problems.
With the light trigger pull, I use only Federal primers.

I've added a fiber optic front sight (for old eyes) and Miculek grips.

I have a .38 short Colt load that Mrs. Airedale uses for USPSA. I may try it out in the 627 at steel challenge this Sunday.

Enjoy the wheel,
Dave

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Airedale said:
Bud,
I have one and really enjoy it.
I've bobbed the hammer and smoothed & lightened the action. I have it at 6 1/4 lbs. double action pull. It's a sweetheart. I use Ranch moonclips with no problems.
With the light trigger pull, I use only Federal primers.

I've added a fiber optic front sight (for old eyes) and Miculek grips.

I have a .38 short Colt load that Mrs. Airedale uses for USPSA. I may try it out in the 627 at steel challenge this Sunday.

Enjoy the wheel,
Dave
I was thinking on the JM grips also i love them on 625 and either a gold bead or fiber optic front sight ..

Which Fiber optic sight ya using?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bud,
I'm racking my brain on the FO front sight. It might be a Brazos or possibly EGW? This may require some rememberin'.
Dave

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well this has become my Fav 357 wheelie and my trooper has been safe'd i guess you would say.

I shot Groups today and multiple times i had all 8 in a group just over a Dime freehand.

What a gun I'm at just over 500 Rounds or so now.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Shucks - 500 rnds already! :eek:

Sure seems to be shooting good tho - and hey what bullets, 158's? I assume you are shooting reloads? What load do you favor?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts