Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it came in today! I've got some Winchester White Box coming in, so I'll go try it out when that comes in, but I really like the way this pistol feels in the hand so far. I changed the backstrap to the smaller one, that change gave me a better purchase on the pistol and it now points like my 1911. I found that the big backstrap was just a little too bulky and when I would raise the pistol to dry fire, the front sight would be above the rear, but the swap out changed that, and now it's perfect!
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Plus, you know you got a good one when this sticker is on the case! :image035:

Material property Electronic device

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Well, it came in today! I've got some Winchester White Box coming in, so I'll go try it out when that comes in, but I really like the way this pistol feels in the hand so far. I changed the backstrap to the smaller one, that change gave me a better purchase on the pistol and it now points like my 1911. I found that the big backstrap was just a little too bulky and when I would raise the pistol to dry fire, the front sight would be above the rear, but the swap out changed that, and now it's perfect!
View attachment 165258

Plus, you know you got a good one when this sticker is on the case! :image035:

View attachment 165266
Congrats ! I'm rather fond of mine. Do you have a good way to carry it yet ? :smile:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
My recommendations after having the XDS' and XDMs in 9mm and .45 ACP is to do a trigger job (it's a PITA on the XDS but still worth it) and put some good night sights on it (personally I love my Warren Tactical two-dot "straight eight" setup). The trigger kits from PRP are definitely worth it.

Reactions: marshallman

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats ! I'm rather fond of mine. Do you have a good way to carry it yet ? :smile:
I've got a cousin that's getting me a Galco Tuck N Go for Christmas. I looked at the Alabama holster, but it's a little too big to fit in my jeans pocket. So for the time being, I think strong side will be just fine with it. :yup:

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I've got a cousin that's getting me a Galco Tuck N Go for Christmas. I looked at the Alabama holster, but it's a little too big to fit in my jeans pocket. So for the time being, I think strong side will be just fine with it. :yup:
I use a holster that's nearly identical to this one:

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/collections/springfield-iwb-kydex-holsters/products/springfield-armory-xds33-holster?variant=947247767

I got mine from an eBay store called Stay Holstered.

I would highly recommend either one. I carry my XDS often in this rig. It's secure, comfortable, easy to slip on and off, draws perfectly and it just works !

Priced right too !

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congratulations on your XDS 9mm marshallman! Always exciting when you get a new toy. The different back straps can make a difference on the comfort of the grip. I know I played with the three of them on my M&P9C. Looking forward to an update after you have a chance to give it a test drive. :smile:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I've had my XDs 45 for almost four years now. It's a real fine compact. I predict you'll be happy with yours.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats. I've been thoroughly impressed with mine in the bi-tone. Even the mags are impressive with excellent fit and finish - steel insert in the followers for the slide lock, nice touch. The "not legal in california" sticker also brought a smile to my face :)

I've had good experience with the 'stay holstered' holster. For leather and lower ride, the Mitch Rosen clipper works great. The talon clip on that ensures the holster is staying put.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
My recommendations after having the XDS' and XDMs in 9mm and .45 ACP is to do a trigger job (it's a PITA on the XDS but still worth it) and put some good night sights on it (personally I love my Warren Tactical two-dot "straight eight" setup). The trigger kits from PRP are definitely worth it.
are the trigger kits easy to do on the XDS ? mine in .45 has a terrible trigger, so much that if I don't really concentrate in trigger pull and sights I'm off 6" to 8" from POA, I can work on 1911s and of course Glocks thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats. I do not have the XDS, but I do love my XD9

Reactions: marshallman
1 - 17 of 17 Posts