Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an old laptop case with smaller case inside that used to hold power cord or something I can't remember.
I took the case to a local AutoUpholstery business and had them sew nylon belt straps on it.
With the dual zipper feature it's now my primary carry holster.
It's almost as fast access as an open carry holster when I have the dual zippers open to each top corner.
At a Christmas family get-together I had several people think it was somekind of new belt computer or CD player or something - None had any idea what was really in it - even with top section zippered open for easy access.
If I did everything right - you should be able to view from the following link:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/twnelson54/album?.dir=ae41
When wearing tucked shirt this is my preferred holster - when wearing an overshirt of somekind I usually go back to my Fobus.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Well that's interesting! I guess whatever work's.

Ti.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Like the idea - I used a similar ploy as an experiment - using a digicam soft case - and plopped the R9 inside it - it looked quite discrete and basically shouted ''camera'' Icon16:

The link wouldn't finish opening for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can get away wth a "man purse" here in Orlando.

Most sheeple wouldn't have a clue, and we have so many European tourists here, it's a pretty common sight.

·
Registered
275 Posts
tell you what though, if I was a BG I'd be eyeing the crap outta you with that thing hanging from your belt!

...thats just one fellas opinion!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
d2thomas said:
tell you what though, if I was a BG I'd be eyeing the crap outta you with that thing hanging from your belt!

...thats just one fellas opinion!
If you are refering to the possible eyeballing of BG's , thinking he might have a expensive electronic toy, I agree. Might make a tempting target .

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
My wife and I both used zippered leather Bible covers (from Wal-Mart: $8.00) with minor mods to tote to and from the range before we got our CHL's (hers is still in process though, poor lady...:mad: ). Pretty plain and harmless looking. I guess if a BG ever surprises me "unholstered" I'll ask them if I can study my Bible...:danceban:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rock and Glock said:
My wife and I both used zippered leather Bible covers (from Wal-Mart: $8.00) with minor mods to tote to and from the range before we got our CHL's (hers is still in process though, poor lady...:mad: ). Pretty plain and harmless looking. I guess if a BG ever surprises me "unholstered" I'll ask them if I can study my Bible...:danceban:
I've thought about doing that too. Do yours have belt loops or hand carry?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts