Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the para gi expert a few months back.

i put some vz tiger stripe operator grips on:

i've put about 600 rounds through it so far with no problems aside from a ftf one round early on during the break in, and has not been repeated. (this gun comes so tight when brand new, you have to really grip it to pull back the slide--the manual recommends a 500 round break in).

it shoots quite accurately, allowing you to easily make a ragged hole at 15 yards. the very smooth and light trigger pull aids in this too. it feels about 4lbs.

the slide to frame fit quality is instantly noticeable when you first pull back the slide. it's smooth as glass, and has no play whatsoever.

the polishing of the frame ramp and barrel throat are also quite nice, and the barrel is crowned at 11 degrees.

you certainly wouldn't expect these features on a $550 1911.

here's 50 rounds at 15 yards, two hand hold:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like it! I still say you should have went with mother of pearl grips instead...

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it! I still say you should have went with mother of pearl grips instead...
thank you kind sir! well i'm partial to g10 grips, they are really grippy for faster, more accurate followup shots. mother of pearls would go good with my hat with the feather in it though....

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to get some Wilson Combat mags for it.

lol the para mags it came with, and a metalform 10 rounder i have always work. i don't have a reason to drop bones on them fancy mags.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nice gun.
I almost bought it when I got my American Classic. Great gun for the money. I love that the "budget" segment of the 1911 world is making real solid guns now!

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Congrats on a very nice looking pistol. I believe that your target is 'dead'...nice shooting.:yup::hand10:

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do you like the VZ Operator grips? I've looked at them for my GI Expert.
they're great grips. really grippy for faster followup shots, but not too aggressive that they hurt or cannot be carried. :hand10:

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have the vz alien grips on my operator:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
those are cool grips

I had mine for a while now and after I made it "mine" I like it a lot.

All mods totaled about 4 bills, all work and fitting I did myself Here is a pic...

Attachments

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those are cool grips

I had mine for a while now and after I made it "mine" I like it a lot.

All mods totaled about 4 bills, all work and fitting I did myself Here is a pic...

hey, nice looking upgrades on your gi expert, like the beavertail, trigger, and chain link MSH :hand10:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
hey, nice looking upgrades on your gi expert, like the beavertail, trigger, and chain link MSH :hand10:
thanks

I didn't like how the MSH on the stock para is plastic. The beavertail is one I picked up from a gun show and it fits but not perfect.

The big thing was upgrading the trigger, sear, disconnect and hammer. The stock setup is ok but not how I would think a 1911 should be.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks

I didn't like how the MSH on the stock para is plastic. The beavertail is one I picked up from a gun show and it fits but not perfect.

The big thing was upgrading the trigger, sear, disconnect and hammer. The stock setup is ok but not how I would think a 1911 should be.

you know a moderator on another forum i frequent is in the military. he said he met some navy seals that got together and pooled their money to order gi experts. the number was 50 last he hears. if true, this speaks volumes for this gun.

(the guy is a mod, so i'm assuming it's true lol)

·
Super Moderator
22,319 Posts
you know a moderator on another forum i frequent is in the military. he said he met some navy seals that got together and pooled their money to order gi experts. the number was 50 last he hears. if true, this speaks volumes for this gun.

(the guy is a mod, so i'm assuming it's true lol)
What forum would this be on, amigo?

We tested a GI back in March, 2009 (well, Harwood did :wink:), you might find it interesting.

ParaUSA GI Expert - M1911.ORG E-zine

1 - 20 of 44 Posts