Defensive Carry banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I took it to the range again on Friday and it still sucks. Put another 50 rounds through it and suffered probably 10 malfunctions for my effort.

I guess I'll be calling Ruger on Monday. Any recommendations on how that conversation should go?
Did you try swapping mags? I'd be willing to bet that most LCP issues (that are not shooter induced) are magazine related! Just my .02 worth!

·
Registered
966 Posts
OP - When I had an issue with one of my LCPIIs, I called Ruger customer service and spoke to a woman. She suggested I try other magazines, which I had already done. I gave her my email address and had a shipping label within 10-15 minutes. They fixed it and got it back to me within a week, along with a silicone cloth. Can't recall if I had to send along all my magazines, but be prepared for that. I also told her my preferred CC ammo (at that time Hornady Critical Defense). Should be eazee-peazee.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you try swapping mags? I'd be willing to bet that most LCP issues (that are not shooter induced) are magazine related! Just my .02 worth!
No. I only have one magazine. And I'd really prefer to NOT buy another one if the gun is just going to be a steaming pile of garbage.

I can give it a try though....

41 - 43 of 43 Posts