Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call today from the Gun store. MY SA Champ. came in. I had sent it out because the slide stop would not hold the slide open. They replaced the Slide stop and cut the slide notch deeper. Seems to work well now, will test it tomorrow on the range. Good turn around time for SA. It was only gone 13 days.:yup:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
13 days sounds well acceptable.

The decribed fix sounds like it'll do what is needed. Will hope to hear as much after you have got some shooting in.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not anticipating any shooting problems , as it was dead on every time I took it to the range. The slide stop seems to hold well. I could make it fail at home every time before.
Looks like they test fired it at the repair shop. The barrel was dirty when I got it back.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it out today, along with the NAA and Ruger 10\22. No problems at all. I am near ready to carry this gun daily. Just get some more ammo thru it and it will be all set.
After some internet searching, I found some others had problems with Chip McCormick 8 rnd mags, so i guess I will be looking at getting a few SA 8 rnders next.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Excellent Rocky - sounds like good to go :smile:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I too was happy with SA's customer service.
2 weeks is about what it took for them to return my SA micro.
they also included the box ends of the 2 types ofammo they fired. thought that was kinda cool. and left it dirty to show it was fired is my opinion.
glad they are consistent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
glad to hear the turnaround was so fast, as i'll be sending mine for a refinish soon. i'd say go with SA mags...they're cheap, and i have yet to have any problems with any of mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts