Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are:

Where I work has a ready supply of scrap stainless steel. I plan to kindly "ask" for a small piece for Dremel practice. Then I'll begin my project of removing a portion of the full underlug on the SP so that the two Rugers will pretty much look alike.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I had one in .357 many moons ago. Qual'ed with it and carried it on "special details" for the USN. They wanted me to carry some POS issue .45. They would not allow me to carry my own .45 cuz it had "been altered". They are the TANK of the gun world.--------

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sweet pair o' wheelguns. Always liked the Rugers. Dremmel away!!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Nice stable-mates Gary - as RSSZ says - they are the ''tank'' of strong revo's.

Bit of practice with Dremelling - and away ya go - not that bad a job to do - remembering of course that cardinal rule - ''what ya take off - can't be put back'' LOL :biggrin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
remembering of course that cardinal rule - ''what ya take off - can't be put back'' LOL

Yeah! I know. :frown: That's why I'm gonna take my tiiiiiime on this project! I think that the end result will be very worth it though.

I find the SP's grips a little to lean. I'm gonna ge a Hogue Monogrip for a slightly 'bigger grip' feel.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Gary?
R U a Machinist? If so, you can place the Ruger in a fixture, (which you can easlily make from drilling some material on a lathe) Then take the weapon, place it upside down, and SLOWLY mill away the underlug portion of the Barrel. This operation will save you TONS of hours, and will look very professonal too. ( I was working as a Machinist for a very long time, and also doing this kinda stuff for my friends who wanted to "customize" they revolvers. You can then take the Dremmel and finish it off the way you wish. Just a little bit of good info for ya there Dude :biggrin:
Either way you perform the task, I'm looking forward to seeing your final work of art :biggrin: Just don't get frustrated if the metal doesn't come off as quickly as you with. BTW, Dremmels rotate at such a high speed, that if you're using a cutter, they tend to jump and chatter. Watch yer fingers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts