Defensive Carry banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I like the Keltec P40 and wish I could find one, however the P11 is also a nice piece :smile: Internet Rumor has it that the reason that the Keltec P40 was discontinued was that so many people were returning it for problems, however *most* of the time Keltec CS was not finding anything wrong with the gun being returned. Eventually they found that people were limp wristing it causing the problems. IF or When Glock comes out with a 9mm single stack the size and weight as the G42, it will be these same people that limp wristed the Keltec P40; that will complain that the new Glock 9mm SS hurts their hand and is malfunctioning. God Bless :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
the p40 is a great gun. small, lite weight and in 40 s&w. what is not to like? but many say it is hard to shoot. but to me it is not hard to shoot. but i shoot a lots with many different gun types and cals. the p40 is not a range gun. it is a carry gun that will get the job done. it took me a long time before i could find one many years ago. i am all way on the look out for another one.
I have a kel tec p40 haven't shot it in a year might be selling if interested, awesome pistol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the Keltec P40 and wish I could find one, however the P11 is also a nice piece :smile: Internet Rumor has it that the reason that the Keltec P40 was discontinued was that so many people were returning it for problems, however *most* of the time Keltec CS was not finding anything wrong with the gun being returned. Eventually they found that people were limp wristing it causing the problems. IF or When Glock comes out with a 9mm single stack the size and weight as the G42, it will be these same people that limp wristed the Keltec P40; that will complain that the new Glock 9mm SS hurts their hand and is malfunctioning. God Bless :smile:
I have a kel tec p40 if interested . Nothing wrong with it ,just haven't shot it in a year or so,some of the blue is coming off from being in a hard holster. except from that its good, Like you said no limp wrists on this pistol

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Compare that to the Kahr PM9/PM40 ...

Kahr nailed the looks category, IMO. If only they could nail the reliability. If they could do that, I'd have a couple and not be looking back. :sad:

Have got a Kel-Tec P3AT .380. A bit more streamlined than the P40, but no less ugly.
Remind me not to leave my Kahr's laying around i wouldn't want you snatching up my reliable Ol Kahr's

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I can't see the pics for some reason but if you're discussing Kel-Tecs, Hi-Points, and Kahrs, I can envision the "ugly" factor. :smile:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts