Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my xds45 and 2) get my SIL familiar with different platforms/calibers. We had a variety of small autos and revolvers for them to use. SIL actually was more comfortable and deadly w/an lcp than any j frames or mini 9's offered. What surprised me was my wife who took to my dad's old Para P12. Liked it and shot it well, so much so that he sent her home with it. I knew she could shoot my LTC very well, but she now has me outgunned! Now come the snap cap hours getting her used to cocked and locked and their goes my hope of getting a j frame into the family arsenal...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm looking forward to the day when my wife expresses interest. Congrats.
+1
I showed my wife the video of the New Jersey lady attacked in her home which had no effect. Then we watched The Call and she said maybe I should carry a firearm :|

I guess whatever works.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Took my wife and her sister to my family's ranch for the weekend with two goals: 1)allow my wife to get some rounds with my xds45 and 2) get my SIL familiar with different platforms/calibers. We had a variety of small autos and revolvers for them to use. SIL actually was more comfortable and deadly w/an lcp than any j frames or mini 9's offered. What surprised me was my wife who took to my dad's old Para P12. Liked it and shot it well, so much so that he sent her home with it. I knew she could shoot my LTC very well, but she now has me outgunned! Now come the snap cap hours getting her used to cocked and locked and their goes my hope of getting a j frame into the family arsenal...
What's wrong with getting one for yourself?

Reactions: oneshot

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
congrats on finding a keeper. sounds like she is definitely liking guns.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll wager there are many forum members whos wives rock for various reasons. My wife is from the Philippines and is 95 lbs dripping wet. Leaving her old country for her new country she has an appreciation that a lot of people born here don't. She'll never understand the entitlement mentality that pervades our society but she loves the USA and all the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to have been born here. Delving into our politics and history she knows more about US civics than most young Americans and she looks forward to becoming a citizen later this year. She's a great wife and is going to be a great American.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
I'll wager there are many forum members whos wives rock for various reasons. My wife is from the Philippines and is 95 lbs dripping wet. Leaving her old country for her new country she has an appreciation that a lot of people born here don't. She'll never understand the entitlement mentality that pervades our society but she loves the USA and all the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to have been born here. Delving into our politics and history she knows more about US civics than most young Americans and she looks forward to becoming a citizen later this year. She's a great wife and is going to be a great American.

Congrats to you.... and it looks like you were on the set of the last Indiana Jones movie.........:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
When I came home yesterday my wife was on the phone with her sister... talking about HOLSTERS! It may sound ridiculous but that puts a spring in my giddyup:)

Winner, winner chicken dinner.... you sir, are set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats to you.... and it looks like you were on the set of the last Indiana Jones movie.........:wink:
That photo was taken at Saum Loung Night Bazaar in Bangkok, Thailand. I started her exposure to firearms with a Ruger 10-22 I bought her for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
+1
I showed my wife the video of the New Jersey lady attacked in her home which had no effect. Then we watched The Call and she said maybe I should carry a firearm :|

I guess whatever works.
No kidding, huh?

Amazing. Whatever works is right.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Lucky women to have fellows like all of you making over them AND buying them guns ~ Your Momma's raised you right! :shakehands:

Reactions: MrsHB and Aceoky
1 - 16 of 16 Posts