Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my wife is right, and she usually is, that's a very good thing, because lately I haven't been able to hit the side of a barn. Really shooting my bow terribly right now. Lost two arrows in the brush yesterday and broke a third!'

The new broadheads are Annihilators, seen below.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
They look awesome G26 Raven, Ought to do the trick..
I shoot 100 gn muzzys myself, works for me.. Good luck & practice ; )
H/D

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Anything in particular draw you to those broadheads? (Pun intended...)

Hope they fly well for you. As for the shooting and accuracy, all I can suggest is drop your draw weight and just focus on fundamentals and consistency at close range through more reps that don't tire you out as quickly.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My archery shop guy recommended them and he is an amazing archer and bow hunter, besides being a very honest and nice guy.

Shooting better today.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
You'll get there. Shooting a bow is not as easy as shooting a gun. What yardage are you shooting at? What bow is it?

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You'll get there. Shooting a bow is not as easy as shooting a gun. What yardage are you shooting at? What bow is it?
On a good day, I hit well at 40 yards, which I consider my limit. These are at 22 yards. I am shooting a Hoyt RedWRX RX-1 with a 40 pound draw weight.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Only thing I can think of, is what graydude said. Go back to the fundamentals. Make sure you have a solid anchor, and maybe incorporate some blank bale practice. Other than that, looks good. Oh, anx checked out the bow. Nice bow you have.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I hate to mention this, as it’s kind of like asking if a non working electric tool is plugged in, but it may be worth checking your bowsight mounting screws to see if they’re loose.

Loose mount screws can affect accuracy. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
I think most good or well known broadheads are going to do just fine.
The one I use at hunting time is the one that flies like my field tips.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been using Mussy's 3 blade 100 grain heads for the last 10 years and all dropped in less than 40 yards from where they were shot. They shoot as close as can be to my practice field points. Farthest shot I've taken has been right at 40 yards (I flag the trails with yardage markers).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I use only fixed blade broadheads...They are more work as they fly different than field points so that has to be takin into account.
I have played around with mechanical and i would never rely on sighting in my bow with field points and think mechanical broadheads
will fly the same,
They may fly closer to what your field point does than fixed blades but you are doing yourself and the animal a disservice
if you think a mechanical will fly just like a field point.
There is a reason most companies offer practice broadheads in there line up.

If your bow is way off all of the sudden there could be many things blame.
Arrow rest could have moved.
Sight pin or sight could have moved.
Peep sight moved.
Bad arrow? ( I always hunt with the last arrow i practice with).
You may have changed your anchor point (Very important)
Check tiller if you messed with poundage( I mark my limb bolts so i know when i adjust poundage i am cranking in our out the same
on both limb bolts).
Your knock or string loop may have shifted.
All things to consider when you suddenly cant shoot accurate,

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Both my bows hit broadheads and field points together.
Adjust rest for common point of impact.
Then adjust sight to bring that common POI to the bullseye.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts