Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I came out of the movie theater after seeing Inglorious Basterds and got in to my car and said there was a No
Weapons(a circle with a line through a revolver) sign on the bottom of the door. Now I have been in that theater numerous times and I have never noticed the sign because it is on the bottom of the door. Here's the sweet part. After I made my statement about the movie theater being posted no weapons, my wife goes "Yeah, well I'm carrying a pair of scissors, too". As I posted here before, my wife is a pretty staunch liberal sheep. After her statement, I think I'm getting her turned around. I wonder if I should start working on her again to get her permit.

You just never know where the surprises are going to come from.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
"Inglorious Basterds" I haven't seen anything like that since "Pulp Fiction". Anyway, I didn't notice any signage at my local movie theater so I guess I'm good.
Regards,

·
Registered
976 Posts
The other night I came out of the movie theater after seeing Inglorious Basterds and got in to my car and said there was a No
Weapons(a circle with a line through a revolver) sign
Deja Vu! I was in the exact same situation the other day. Stupid sign, but between the few friends I was with and I, all together we had five guns (four mags) six knives, OC, and four flashlights. Nothing like dressing up to see a movie!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Weapons(a circle with a line through a revolver) sign on the bottom of the door. Now I have been in that theater numerous times and I have never noticed the sign because it is on the bottom of the door. Here's the sweet part. After I made my statement about the movie theater being posted no weapons, my wife goes "Yeah, well I'm carrying a pair of scissors, too". As I posted here before, my wife is a pretty staunch liberal sheep. After her statement, I think I'm getting her turned around. I wonder if I should start working on her again to get her permit.

You just never know where the surprises are going to come from.
Were they the notorious black assault scissors?

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I thought the sign had to be in a inconspicious place like eye level to be legal.

·
Registered
265 Posts
After her statement, I think I'm getting her turned around. I wonder if I should start working on her again to get her permit.
I just got a vision from that statement: Steve Urkel saying: "I'm wearing you down, baby... I'm wearing you dowwwwwwwn." :hand5:

Glad to hear she is coming around. Baby steps,,, a lot of baby steps is the way to turn her around.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
After her statement, I think I'm getting her turned around. I wonder if I should start working on her again to get her permit.
Take it slow, you don't want to scare her off.

Still working on my better half!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Take it slow, you don't want to scare her off.

Still working on my better half!
Was gonna say that too. :)

good step for her! Maybe instead of pushing for her to get her permit, invite her to the range or point out some (not necessarily firearms related) self defense classes. I know that I felt a lot more comfortable with the idea of a firearm after I learned about how important simply defending ones self is. Can't imagine I'm the only one with this opinion. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Deja Vu! I was in the exact same situation the other day. Stupid sign, but between the few friends I was with and I, all together we had five guns (four mags) six knives, OC, and four flashlights. Nothing like dressing up to see a movie!

LOL what!! no scissors???????? you were under dressed I guess hehehe

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My theatre not only allows guns,but people in wheelchairs get free admission

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
good for you i turned my wife around she wants her cpl but we just dont have the money for it right now

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hopefully it will work out the way you want.

·
Registered
792 Posts
No signs that I know of here.. ... The other day my son and I went to see GI Joe,. Well there was one point when that little bugger started getting itchy with all the gun fire going on on the screen.. I had to calm it down before it jumped out of the holster by itself and started joining in,.. Ya know them dangerous guns,. They just have a mind of there own... LOL..

I'm not sure if I would go to the theater if they had signs,.. Hmmm....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good for you, and keep working on your wife's views when you get the chance.

When I met my wife, she'd just voted for John Kerry, and even though she grew up with and was used to firearms, she was somewhat liberal in her thinking.

Now she's a registered Republican (for lack of a better party, and she wants to be involved in the primaries so doesn't go independent), has her Arizona CCW permit, and thinks like I do for the most part.

And me? I'm about as conservative minded as they come.

;)

Daryl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts