Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a 12ga that was my late brothers. It has been 10 years now, and it’s time to dust it off. Question is, short of taking it to a gunsmith, I do not know what size shells it is chambered for. The only information on the gun is the stamping on the barrel: Firearms International Corp. Wash. 22, DC. 12 GA. 3 MOD …… and serial # 28426 on the bottom of the receiver.

That’s it, and I have broken it down as far as I can, short of drilling rivets out. This gun looks way to new to be from the 50’s & 60’s era of when I thought “Firearms International” was functioning, but then again, I do not know much of the company, and cannot find any info on the internet. It looks like something of the early 80’s.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

·
Registered
342 Posts
its a 12 gauge shot gun... more than likely 2 3/4 in shells will work just fine.

I dont know what kind of gun that it....but if you take it to a gun store they should be able to help you figure out WHAT it is.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm with Kenny on this, it is probably chambered for the 2 3/4" shells. No matter how old or new the 12 ga. is if you don't know the length of the shell for sure the 2 3/4" shell will work fine for most applications in any of the shotguns. The shells available are 2 3/4", 3" Magnum, and 3 1/2 Magnum. There may others but these are the ones I am familiar with.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Firearms International Corporation was an importer of firearms not a manufacturer, similar to Interarms and Charles Daly. As far as where it was made thats anybodies guess, but it would appear to be a 12 gauge, 3in. with modified choked barrel from the info you give.

Reactions: dukalmighty

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I have inherited a 12ga that was my late brothers. It has been 10 years now, and it’s time to dust it off. Question is, short of taking it to a gunsmith, I do not know what size shells it is chambered for. The only information on the gun is the stamping on the barrel: Firearms International Corp. Wash. 22, DC. 12 GA. 3 MOD …… and serial # 28426 on the bottom of the receiver.

That’s it, and I have broken it down as far as I can, short of drilling rivets out. This gun looks way to new to be from the 50’s & 60’s era of when I thought “Firearms International” was functioning, but then again, I do not know much of the company, and cannot find any info on the internet. It looks like something of the early 80’s.

12 gauge, 3'', modified choke. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Let me guess........

It's a single shot, and there is a button mounted on the front of the trigger guard to break it open?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firearms International 12 Guage shotgun 3" full choke

I have almost the same shotgun, but in full choke. (yours is a modified choke barrel, good for ducks, upland bird, buckshot or non-rifled slugs)
I don't have much more info other than stamped on the trigger assembly (on the inside) it says "Made in France"
The stock on mine is cracked and I need to get it pinned. I plan on using mine for turkey hunting (after applying a camouflage kit)
I have done some reading, I estimate mine from the 1970's. They date back to the 50's, so yours could be very old.
During the 1960's Firearms International were the official importers for such firearms as Rossi, Taurus, Star, Astra, and SAKO.

Cornell Publications -Firearms International Sporting Arms 1969 -70 Catalog

Cornell Publications LLC | Firearms International Catalogs

I hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts