Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like I said yesterday, I'll have 325 PD before too long, and I'm looking for suggestions. I've carried an SP-101 in a Don Hume IWB before and a 4" 610 in a Ready Tactical Kydex IWB quite a bit, but I'm not sure of the comfort of the N-frame short barrel IWB combo. Suggestions from anyone with a similar size gun would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
back when i was carrying a 3" horton mod 24 ( 44 special blued as in the first run lol ) I went to a pancake for off duty , it seemed to work better than anything else i tried .

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I carried my 4" M28-2 for some while way back - in a belt slide OWB. It was no real problem to conceal - no worse than my SIG. The large frame and cylinder tho do IMO preclude IWB.

A 3" would however be that much better as the 4" was a tad long.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P95Carry

When I carried my 610, it was in a ready tactical IWB. These are made by Chris Stewart, from Decatur, AL. In that holster, the 4" was surprisingly comfortable, because he builds it where the cylinder rides above the belt line rather than behind the belt. My concern with the short barrel and this style holster is stabilty and comfort. My Kahr digs into my hip pretty bad with my Kydex Fist holster and I kind of figured this 2.5 inch would be similar.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I carried a 3 1/2" 27 for a number of years, mostly OWB,, but found that IWB was doable as long as it rode either Appendex or just a little off of the hip, but it was a pain for long days

·
Registered
456 Posts
I carry my 3 1/2" 27 or my 4" 28 in this Mernickle FC3 crossdraw holster. I have one ordered for my 3" 66 also. An untucked straight cut shirt covers this nicely.
I also have an El Paso street combat that I like.
For IWB, I use a CABO (carry a big one) holster.
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts