Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Fresh-from-the-womb n00b here from NY.

:embarassed: First, I must apologize for my behavior these past 2.5 weeks. I have been lurking, gleaning information, resources and narratives from experienced pistol owners about situational awareness, home and personal defense, situationally proper weaponry and accessories, survivalism… the list goes on. From what I've seen, this is definitely an intelligent and insightful community.

I have just applied for my pistol permit, and I do not own a gun. (That is not to say I have never shot any guns.) Neither was I going to jump through the flaming hoop that is the New York State permit process, nor was I going to accept the responsibility of firearm ownership without first becoming familiarized with what it means to own/carry and the mindfulness it entails.

A few friends, the pistol permit office of Erie County, Buffalo area gun centers and you members of this forum have served as fantastic guides as I begin this journey of self-protection and self-development. I hope to pay it forward someday.

My thanks and prayers for safety are with you all, and I give special thanks to those of you out there who do/have put your lives on the line for the protection of others’ well-being.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee. Jump in and get your feet wet.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:022: from Ga. Welcome to DC.

Good luck with the permit. :hand10:

GBK

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Smylypy,

Welcome from FL's Space Coast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so jealous miklcolt. major space junkie and trekkie here.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Premium Member