Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a post saying this little tiny 22 mag revolver is for SD ....
But a BUG .. maybe a BUG for a BUG .
Like a pocket knife that shoots !!!!

I heard the 22mag Gold dot expands and the FTX does

·
Registered
Various
15,545 Posts
I have the NAA MiniMag 22M. I carry it in my swim trunks pocket or sweatpants pocket before I get dressed in the morning. It doesn't pull my pants down. Other guns are available.

I normally carry a government model 1911 in either .45 ACP or 10mm with a spare magazine on my belt. I also pocket carry a Sig P938 9mm with a spare magazine.

The other day, I was going out to run some errands. I was going to put the NAA MiniMag in the safe before I left, but just put it in another pocket. It was a BUG for my BUG.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a naa pug in .22mag. I loved it. I sold it to a friends father that kept bugging me about it. I need to get another one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have one and have taken it to a lot of places! I like it and it is fun to shoot. Effective? I really don't know. I have gotten where I can hit a target pretty good even in awkward situations. But would it stop someone; maybe. And reloading is out of the question.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Read a story somewhere (sorry) about a male nurse who lived in a rough part of town and walked to work at the hospital. It was very cold and he had his 9mm in his tucked in his waist . Put on a heavy coat and headed out to work early before daylight. He put his NAA magnum in his pants pocket. As he was walking he heard running footsteps toward him and turned right when he was tackled and a guy on top of him. The 9mm was impossible to get so somehow he got his hand on the NAA and shot the guy in the leg. Guy ran off then dropped to the ground. EMS came and saved his life but he bled a lot. If someone knows this story and I said it wrong please correct but, I be his situational awareness is much better now!

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
For a "VERY LONG TIME" I carried a HiStandard .22mag as a #3 BUG. Retired now, & carry an XDs .45 acp in it's place (pocket gun). With "new bullet technology", (kinda hate that term, BUT!), if you have one, sure.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
At 3, 5 and 7 yards I can keep all my shots within the head with my 22 LR Mini Revolver. The larger folding grip makes an enormous difference. I have mine in my pocket right now, and carried it in my shirt pocket yesterday as a third gun that was very easy to get to while driving.

Very well made, versatile little guns that should not be underestimated.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Jeff Cooper described the mini revolvers as a gun to allow you to get another gun. Not as in fight your way back to the truck and get your rifle but to screw the muzzle of the mini revolver into an enemy opponents ear and fire thus allowing you to relieve him/her/it of whatever they were carrying so that you can use that instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts