Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent a bit of time lately thinking I want an NAA pocket revolver. I like the models that come with both cylinders (.22LR and .22WMR). Can the members that have these pistols give me the low-down on it? Love it? Hate it? Recoil and muzzle flash on WMR intense? Let me know.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I have the NAA .22LR with the shortest barrel (1&1/8"). I sometimes carry it as an extra 'snake gun' out in the yard. Not much of a SD pistol, but I guess it would be better than nothing.
It conceals about anywhere. This is the only firearm that I will carry using use a cheap suede 'tuck in the waist' holster.:bier:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just picked one up today. Took it to the range. Fun little gun to shoot. My artheritis was acting up a little, so reloading was a bit of a chore. Don't plan on reloading in an SD situation. But it's better than smacking the BG with a stick. :twak:
I posted pics in the superduper snubby thread.
I've heard stories about them nearly jumping out of peoples hands. The standard grip only has room for one finger. I had no trouble. Didn't notice any muzzle flash, as it was 11:00 am and fairly sunny at the time.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
I own a .22 lr version. I feel I should have got the WMR version for more power/penetration. Recoil isn't bad and I see no muzzle flash with the .22 LR. I use mine for a last ditch hide out gun only.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the 22mag version. I love it. It's accurate out to about 7 yards. You can't get much more "deep concealment" than this thing. And the fit and finish is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
24,465 Posts
The NAA's are just really nice small revolvers with an excellent reputation and nice fit and finish. Just recognize the inherent limitations of rimfire cartridges. I'd say it'd be handy for ya in East Jahunga.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've got the PUG .22mag. It's a neat little revolver, definitely deep concealment. I keep it loaded up with CCI Maxi-Mag TNT 30g. Since I got my Seecamp .380, the PUG generally stays in the safe anymore though.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have the 1 5/8" conversion. I enjoy shooting it its pretty neat to see how well it can be shot with practice. I shoot the 22lr a good bit. I carry the 22m often normally as a backup. I rotate between it and a Keltec p32. I can tell you having a 22mag as an always gun cam in handy when the entire family was at the mountains this summer. I shot a water moccasin with it impressive. I really like mine as a matter of fact think Im going now to change my P32 for it today.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Pug. Not as tiny as some of the other NAA's, but I wanted something in 22mag and with a grip to hold on to. I found a neat little ankle holster for it, it is designed as a magazine carrier but the Pug fits right into it. I now strap it on in the morning and in five minuets forget it's there, until about 10 hrs later then it becomes noticable again. It has two pouches so I can stick a spare mag also. Pretty accurate at close range, does take some getting use to though cocking the hammer for every shot, if your used to semi's or conventional revolvers. I thought about sending it back to NAA to have it fitted for a 22lr too, but I don't think the extra cost (75 plus shipping) is worth it in the savings in ammo prices. Seems it would take years to recoup the costs.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have the 1 5/8" LR. I carry it with shotshells when working in the yard. It is OK accuracy wise but it is hard to keep a good sight picture and get consistent shots. I don't carry it for SD. It is a fun gun and a conversation piece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
22 Mag

I have this one and it is a nice little piece..:santaclaus:

Shoots nice and just fold it up and clip it in your pocket like a knife..Cheers. :santaclaus:

·
Registered
366 Posts
i have this one and it is a nice little piece..:santaclaus:

shoots nice and just fold it up and clip it in your pocket like a knife..cheers. :santaclaus:
i got one of those >>>>>>>

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the black widow with the fixed sights. It is my AE, believe me I do not leave home without it. it is easy and pretty cheap to practice with. they now have a laser for it, dont know, jury still out. if nothing else they are fun to shoot. get one, you can always sell it. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
657 Posts
Safety warning

If you decide to get one, be sure to read all the safety info in the manual. These are Single Action Only guns, and as such, should never be carried with a live round under the hammer.
In between each chamber is a safety notch in which to rest the hammer. Practice setting the hammer in that notch UNLOADED several times until it comes natural.
Remember this tip: looking at the back of the cylinder, the brass on either side of the hammer will resemble mouse ears.
Small ears are safe, Big ears go BANG.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the Freedom Arms .22MAG 4-shot. It is identical to the NAA in every way. You can get neat leather holsters for them on eBay, just search for NAA Holsters. I just bought a pair 'Boot Grips" which are larger and offers a better grip and a pocket holster for mine. Definitely go for it. Gibson's in Texas sells them for around $225.

·
Registered
745 Posts
They serve a purpose, mostly if you are having to use these tiny mouse guns your into hand to hand mode!! Jam it in an ear and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

I used to carry this Black Widow as a BUG. It lived in my weak side back pocket next to a 1911 magazine. I still use it for a bumming around the woods or riding the bike gun. 1 shotshell and 4 JHP. The CCI +V load makes a big white flash. Of all the loads I have shot, it was the most noticeable. The other Mini was carried by my Ex as a BUG on duty. She used it with the folding grip and kept it in a spare handcuff case. That department went to a ".380 or bigger" policy. It keyholes with anything fast and light, like the Stingers I would prefer to use. I thought it might be a rifling twist issue like in the old and new ARs, so I tried Winchester 42gr, Aguilla SSS, and the old MPB Quick Shoks. They worked great, but the SSS is the only one of those 3 loads I can find anymore. She used the MPB for the time she carried it. I havent seen the CCI Segmented Subsonic yet, if it's the same as the MPB, I'll load that. I've never had a problem with either gun not going bang every time, even when full of lint and grunge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts