Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on line that there is a NAA belt buckle (skeleton type) for the NAA .22 and another for the NAA .22 Magnum pistols.
I had a different type, but same idea, back in the 80's so I ordered one.
When it came, I could not get it to fit my pistol. It was about 1/64th of an inch off. Enough so that it didn't fit.
Soooo, I called NAA and asked what I was doing wrong. Not a thing, it turns out. They were having problems with some of the earlier guns (Bought in the 70's) fitting. They recommended I send it in (at no charge) for an "update" and a fitting to the buckle.
The company representative assured me that the "update" would not affect the value of the gun.
Off to the FedEx store I went.
Would you believe that it cost me $60 to send it to Utah?
They told me that Federal Law mandates that it be sent 2 day air.
Unbelievable.
So the question is, does anyone out there think that the modification will hurt the value of the piece? And if so, why?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.

~<:Sssssssssssssssnake/""

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,883 Posts
If you have a good relationship with a local gun store, they can send them in by U.S. mail, UPS, or FedEx for less.

The NAA mini-revolvers are typically not collector's items, so I can't see where the value would be diminished.

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
370 Posts
Bought my .22lr Mini almost 40 years ago and recently gifted it to my son.
Two months ago I ordered the factory belt buckle from the NA website and gave it to him for his birthday. He says it fits.

·
Registered
34,754 Posts
I learned my FedEx gun shipping lesson when I shipped my 4566 to S&W for a trigger-play spring replacement. You got off cheap! Yeah, like LC says, have an FFL ship it at much lower cost.

·
Administrator
143,475 Posts
I had one of the belt buckles years ago. I heavy Gold plated it at work & sold it on Ebay.
I floral tooled a leather gun belt to go with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts