Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just give me some thoughts on that as a last ditch/back-up.
I've been carrying for a while, usually a Glock27 or Glock23. I picked up a NAA mini in 22WMR last year, and got a couple of neck holsters for it. One kydex and one leather.
Something is better than nothing right? I mean if you didn't end up drawing your primary for some certain reason...and things got down to the actual CQB ordeal and you figured on coming out on the short end. I figure that might be better than a folding knife since it makes more noise as well.
Something else I've thought of is what if you happen to be in a bank or somewhere there is a lot of folks and a planned heist occurred? Robbers tell everyone to put their hands in the air? I figure something like that might expose my primary carry if the bad guys are observant or my shirt is too short with my hands in the air. I figure nobody would ever suspect a 22Mag five shot as a necklace. Deep concealment....or just a tiny bit of re-assurance?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not a razor back fan but im sure the bg wouldn't be a fqn of a hidden 22 either lol

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
I think it will give you the same issue a neck knife does; not in the same spot when you reach for it and going to be no where to be found when you are hands on with someone in a close or ground fight. I carried a small custom Kiradashi on a chain for a couple of weeks and in one instance had it move around onto my back. I then realized the problem with that technique and gave it up. The other problem I had was even though the knife and Kydex sheath were flat, they were very apparent under my shirt. If used on something other than a break away type chain it can also be used to control or choke you out.

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
My issue with neck knives or guns is that I do not want a hard metallic object right over my heart in the event of a vehicle airbag deployment, sheathed or not.

Your chance of a car accident is waaay higher than the chance of ever needing such a weapon.

If you want a BUG, get a pocket holster.

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
I wear a neck knife, a small Tanto blade in kydex sheath on my old Dog Tag chain with a "John Wayne".

How many times have you been buckled in a car and tried to reach and dig something out of your pocket? Very difficult and slow.
I think a small last chance NAA revolver would be a handy item in a tight spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts