Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at videos by Hickok45 and going from one site to another when I come across a guy putting nail polish on a Glock to brighten up the engraving on the left side of the slide. It looks pretty cool in white, so I check out more of these and decide, " that's for me!" I got some silver nail polish, alcohol, non-acetone polish remover, etc., and got to work. It looks great, to me, and I'm wondering how many of you have gone this route. I know, I know," it ain't real without pics!", but I can't figure out how to do that, so maybe those of you who have done this and have pics will post some. Thanks guys/gals.:image035:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Seems to me like painting a brick house. You take a something that had no maintenance requirement and added one. I'm not up for that.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have seen others do this purely as an aesthetic endeavor, which, if a person wants to do that I have no issue with. In my older age I am more geared toward function and utility. Having said that, I do still polish stainless revolvers to a high finish and install exotic wood grips on them. So I guess I have no room to say anything against the practice since what I do equates to basically the same thing....aesthetics.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
If you already made the last payment it is yours to do with as you please.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me. It can't hurt the function, why not spiff it up a bit? I think I saw a photo once from a guy who had used white on the lettering on his xd, looked pretty sharp.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I only put nail polish on my front sights. It makes them look pretty when I aim real fast.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Use pink nail polish. That'll complement the pink grips, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Maybe we should all chip in on a bedazzler.

j/k - it's your pistol, do whatever you like. It's not like people haven't been personalizing their guns probably since they were invented. Heck even some of the stuff that could be functional is merely cosmetic when you look at some AR's.

You did realize you were setting yourself up to receive a bunch of grief with this crew, right?

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
nice stipling job on this Glock....what do y'all think? There are numerous ways to personalize your Glock....but at the end of the day, its still
an evil "black" pistol on the inside that all the liberals want to ban.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think it looks cool. Your gun; do what you want with its looks. Doesn't hurt it in any way so what the heck.

Reactions: Philly Boy

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
I've done that to a Nano i used to own. Offered to clean it off for the fella I sold it to, but he grew fond of it the more he looked at it. If you like it and it makes you happy... it's all good!

Reactions: Philly Boy

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I wouldn't do that to mine but that is my personal preference. It's your pistol do what you want to it but don't go off the deep end.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've pinked my XD & Shield. Since they don't make the guns I like in pretty colors, I gotta add a little myself...

Of course, white red or whatever for you guys is ok too...

It's your gun, as long as it makes YOU happy that's all that matters!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370894497.971630.jpg

1 - 20 of 120 Posts