Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more confederate symbols but someone left a noose in the pit of the only black driver.
Louise,I 'm sure they did this because they felt they had "the permission" of BLM and the NAACP!:mad:

·
Registered
570 Posts
OR: Maybe BLM did it because the only black driver was participating in a sport populated by so many white guys. Uncle Tom and all that. Doesn't have to make sense or be true - just cause dissention. Lot of that going around.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
I read it was a serpentine belt, not a noose.

Lately there have been several "noose" stories and not one of them has panned out.

It's a terrible thing to do to the driver if it's true...just like the Jussie Smollett story, which was so obviously fake from the first second it was reported.

Interesting that there have been no photos of the noose released. The first thing people do nowadays is grab their cell phone and take a picture and plaster it all over the internet.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I read it was a serpentine belt, not a noose.

Lately there have been several "noose" stories and not one of them has panned out.

It's a terrible thing to do to the driver if it's true...just like the Jussie Smollett story, which was so obviously fake from the first second it was reported.

Interesting that there have been no photos of the noose released. The first thing people do nowadays is grab their cell phone and take a picture and plaster it all over the internet.
Cell phones? Wasn’t the car in the garage? I would think that there are lots of cameras pointed at those cars 24/7.

·
Registered
34,003 Posts
Wallace is looking for his fifteen minutes of fame that he cannot find behind the wheel of a race car. A year or two from now and he will be no more than a footnote in NASCAR history. Wendall Scott he is not.

·
Super Moderator
16,165 Posts
I can find plenty of stories about a "noose" being found but no pictures, if there was noose why were no pictures taken to be plaster on the front page above the fold. I am finding the whole affair rather suspicious.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Wallace is looking for his fifteen minutes of fame that he cannot find behind the wheel of a race car. A year or two from now and he will be no more than a footnote in NASCAR history. Wendall Scott he is not.
You are right. I tried to be a fan when he first started driving the Petty car mostly because it is such an iconic car and I wanted him to do well but he has not done much other than led a few laps and a couple of good finishes. Hopefully that seat goes to someone in the Infinity or truck series that is a better driver.

·
Registered
34,003 Posts
I can find plenty of stories about a "noose" being found but no pictures, if there was noose why were no pictures taken to be plaster on the front page above the fold. I am finding the whole affair rather suspicious.
With the FBI investigating, I'm sure the truth will emerge . . . or maybe not.

Possibly not.

Probably not.

We'll never get the real story.

·
Premium Member
33,799 Posts
No more confederate symbols but someone left a noose in the pit of the only black driver.
Louise,I 'm sure they did this because they felt they had "the permission" of BLM and the NAACP!:mad:
With all the false flags and divisiveness being promoted, whatever happened could have been done by anybody.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Again people who don't know history. A noose should not be a symbol for just one race. According to the Tuskegee Institute, 27% of the people lynched in the South were white. People have been lynched for being Native American, Latino, Jewish, Italian, Greek, German and Finnish.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Shouldn't take long to identify the culprit. It was apparently a controlled access area. As previously mentioned, there are likely security cameras all over that place to ensure the very expensive cars, tools, and parts are not vandalized or stolen. I look forward to an open and transparent public shaming of whoever did this, if the story ever comes out.

I wouldn't be surprised if later they try to brush this under the rug and claim an air supply hose or something was sloppily hung up from an overhead supply and was "mistaken" as looking like a noose. Let's see some evidence, all we have so far is word of mouth.

"The FBI is on the property at Talladega Superspeedway and conducting an investigation. NASCAR says only "essential personnel" were in the garage are are working with the FBI to review who was in that particular area at the time of the incident."
(source: https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-briefs-media-investigation-noose-193917408.html )

·
Registered
354 Posts
I guess I missed the part about this being "Fake News". Last I looked it says that they are still investigating. My other understanding is that Wallace never said he saw the noose. A member of his team or someone else saw it. So, Wallace is not directly involved as a witness to the act or the display of the noose (or serpentine belt in the shape of a noose)

Of course, that is as accurate as of the last news reports I have read. YMMV

1 - 20 of 154 Posts