Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
we live in strange times for sure.
with it being a controlled area with cameras, if this really happened they already know who the perp is and are now trying to determine how to either deal with it or spin it.

But, in the big picture of living life on Earth right now, this is pretty near the botton on my list of priorities and concerns.

·
Registered
34,003 Posts
Heard that another noose incident at NASCAR track in California this week.
I can remember the wall of my local gas station being covered with nooses.

Or maybe they were just fan belts.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Again people who don't know history. A noose should not be a symbol for just one race. According to the Tuskegee Institute, 27% of the people lynched in the South were white. People have been lynched for being Native American, Latino, Jewish, Italian, Greek, German and Finnish.
Buy never white,anglo-saxon,protestant. :devilish:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I guess I missed the part about this being "Fake News". Last I looked it says that they are still investigating. My other understanding is that Wallace never said he saw the noose. A member of his team or someone else saw it. So, Wallace is not directly involved as a witness to the act or the display of the noose (or serpentine belt in the shape of a noose)

Of course, that is as accurate as of the last news reports I have read. YMMV
When I first hear this I was horrified that somebody would do this to scare him. I am starting to believe it is BS. Like someone mentioned here already in this day of smart phones someone did not take a pic of it that has not been leaked is surprising. I would also guess that there are cameras all over the place in the garage area and there must be a time frame from when somebody was in there and did not see a noose and when the person saw the noose and seeing how they are investigating you would think it would only take a while to check the footage and figure out who it was. Seeing how it has been at least 2 days now my guess is it might be a hoax.

·
Registered
354 Posts
When I first hear this I was horrified that somebody would do this to scare him. I am starting to believe it is BS. Like someone mentioned here already in this day of smart phones someone did not take a pic of it that has not been leaked is surprising. I would also guess that there are cameras all over the place in the garage area and there must be a time frame from when somebody was in there and did not see a noose and when the person saw the noose and seeing how they are investigating you would think it would only take a while to check the footage and figure out who it was. Seeing how it has been at least 2 days now my guess is it might be a hoax.
I am not discounting the possibility it is a hoax. I was just noting that it has not been disproven so calling it "Fake News" is IMO "Fake".

·
Registered
573 Posts
The story was not fake.

"it was debunked by host of users on Facebook and other social media platforms. Cassie Fambro, a journalist from Alabama, took to Twitter to confirm that the Bubba Wallace noose incident was not a mistake and NASCAR did not report a serpentine belt was found instead. "

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
The story was not fake.

"it was debunked by host of users on Facebook and other social media platforms. Cassie Fambro, a journalist from Alabama, took to Twitter to confirm that the Bubba Wallace noose incident was not a mistake and NASCAR did not report a serpentine belt was found instead. "
That article is as much speculation as anything else. It says it's "not a hoax" without citing any proof or statement from the investigating team.

Any updates on this? How long does it take to "investigate" something that should be pretty easy to verify.

Millions of dollars worth or cars, tools and equipment in that garage and someone just waltzed in, hung a noose and walked out without being seen by anyone or caught on the security cameras?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying it's very suspicious that no one saw who did it...or why they did it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying it's very suspicious that no one saw who did it...or why they did it.
Didn't you say in post # 2

"Turns out that story was Fake News, but of course some people bought it immediately...Jussie Smollet style. "

I am suspicious as well. But let us see how this pans out.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
Didn't you say in post # 2

"Turns out that story was Fake News, but of course some people bought it immediately...Jussie Smollet style. "

What made you change your mind?
I still think it's fake but that doesn't mean it might not be. It's my opinion that it didn't happen as reported. If it's true...it's true and I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Jussie Smollett and several other incidents in the recent past have poisoned the water for this type of, "hate crime".

·
Registered
573 Posts
That article is as much speculation as anything else. It says it's "not a hoax" without citing any proof or statement from the investigating team.

Any updates on this? How long does it take to "investigate" something that should be pretty easy to verify.

Millions of dollars worth or cars, tools and equipment in that garage and someone just waltzed in, hung a noose and walked out without being seen by anyone or caught on the security cameras?

From the article, one twitter poster said, "Nascar released statement already. Bubba "mistakenly" identified a serpentine belt, commonly found in Nascar garages, as a noose. Case has already been resolved. Bubba was mistaken. And I believe it was all publicity stunt... "

Seeing as NASCAR has NOT released any such statement, I would say that the article is more accurate than speculation that the noose was a hoax.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
From the article, one twitter poster said, "Nascar released statement already. Bubba "mistakenly" identified a serpentine belt, commonly found in Nascar garages, as a noose. Case has already been resolved. Bubba was mistaken. And I believe it was all publicity stunt... "

Seeing as NASCAR has NOT released any such statement, I would say that the article is more accurate than speculation that the noose was a hoax.
Ok, we'll see.

Strange that nothing of the investigation has been reported since it happened, given all the attention it got.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok, we'll see.

Strange that nothing of the investigation has been reported since it happened, given all the attention it got.
Kind of a double-edged sword isn't it? People jumped on reports it was a hoax right away without any proof it was a hoax. Now, that nothing has been reported on this in 24 hours people are wondering why? I for one do not like to have hourly updates on everything in the world. The 24/7 news cycle has us clamoring for immediate results. LE feels the need to update the public so they give bits and pieces, which sometimes end up being not true.

I for one am happy to wait for the Sheriff's department and FBI to finish the investigation and drive on from there.

I do not feel the need for an update every day.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I guess to some WASP's are the devil.
Blakie Lawless. I "love him"! Alice Cooper TOO! :devilish: As to the "noose incident"? I heard NOTHING on NBC, "SO...…………...I DISCOUNT IT"! :poop:

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
If it was a garage door pull rope, there will be a lot of very embarrassed people .
It should be pretty easy to tell if it is similar rope to all the other doors.
Maybe they need to get CSI Alabama.
I don't rule out someone using this to make a big deal. With Bubba's record he and his crew could get canned anytime.
But having something like this Petty would be scared to fire the guy.

·
Premium Member
3,968 Posts
Kind of a double-edged sword isn't it? People jumped on reports it was a hoax right away without any proof it was a hoax. Now, that nothing has been reported on this in 24 hours people are wondering why? I for one do not like to have hourly updates on everything in the world. The 24/7 news cycle has us clamoring for immediate results. LE feels the need to update the public so they give bits and pieces, which sometimes end up being not true.

I for one am happy to wait for the Sheriff's department and FBI to finish the investigation and drive on from there.

I'm not exactly waiting with baited breath to hear about the "noose" either...this was brought up by Fish. I'm just one of the many people commenting on it.

The "garage door pull" sounds the most plausible.

·
Registered
34,003 Posts

Being as the FBI is investigating, I would not expect any reports from them until they are done, excluding leaks of course.

Reactions: Osprey
21 - 40 of 154 Posts