Defensive Carry banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
What NASCAR does not yet realize is the picture they have provided actually makes the situation worse;

This can be really confusing and a few pics thrown out there do not tell the whole story. These guys however, summarize everything logically.....

NASCAR digs a deeper hole

I've seen a lot of pics, but it never occurred to me WHEN each event in this saga happened. Someone knew exactly what they were doing because they knew this wasn't an act aimed at Wallace.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
A tightening loop for a garage door pull makes no sense. I've been around a lot of garages from heavy equipment and flightline snow barns, to US based and deployed fire departments, motor pool maintenance garages, LRS warehouses, hangars, etc. Seen and used many pull ropes with loops, none of them were slip loops; nobody wants a pinched hand from a heavy door having a spring or counterbalance break, tightening a loop on their hand. The NASCAR photo is clearly a sloppy hangman's loop.

Maybe that's the only one across the great NASCAR empire. But if I were in charge I guarantee there'd be direction to all facility managers to confirm no other nooses being used as door pulls. It's likely an OSHA violation for starters, and not good PR if more are found and hit the press.
It actually makes a ton of sense. It was made to pull down doors and was not made to threaten anybody and all the crap that went on this week was a bunch of nonsense. If Bubba was white he more than likely never have gotten this job. Most of the time you actually have to win a few races in the Xfinity before moving up.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
It actually makes a ton of sense. It was made to pull down doors and was not made to threaten anybody and all the crap that went on this week was a bunch of nonsense. If Bubba was white he more than likely never have gotten this job. Most of the time you actually have to win a few races in the Xfinity before moving up.
Have you ever used a rope pull to close or open a commercial grade door? Fixed loops are helpful. A self-tighteing slip loop, on the other hand, makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Have you ever used a rope pull to close or open a commercial grade door? Fixed loops are helpful. A self-tighteing slip loop, on the other hand, makes no sense.
Wallace has now stated that it was "a non-functioning noose."

Seems like everyone that has first hand facts agrees it was not a noose, but a "garage pull."

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
ABC News: NASCAR has released a photo of the alleged "noose," and it--if it is an actual photo of the reported one--is definitely a hangman's noose. I am still of the "so what?" persuasion.
Me too.

But if Nascar wants to investigate something they can investigate who assigned Bubba to that garage and then find out if that person knew of the noose. It takes real luck to target someone 8 months prior to the event. I think it was just a snowflake seeing themselves as the victim in everything that happens to themselves.

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
I am so done with this story. Wallace is an idiot, NASCAR is run by idiots. And every single person involved in this is an idiot.
He got his parade, the other driver's all feel good about themselves. The FBI agents got to hang out at the racetrack which I am sure was a hoot.
And the fans got to see what NASCAR and Wallace actually believe they are.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
The loop in that rope did not tighten when pulled according to the FBI so your argument does not hold water at all.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
The loop in that rope did not tighten when pulled according to the FBI so your argument does not hold water at all.
I was not aware the loop was a fixed loop...if so, it was not a noose. Do you have a link showing where the FBI said it did not tighten?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I was not aware the loop was a fixed loop...if so, it was not a noose. Do you have a link showing where the FBI said it did not tighten?
I could probably find one but even Bubba has admitted it was not a working noose. Common sense tells me that if it has been used for that since last October that it is not a knot that self tightens or it would be closed a long time ago.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts