Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NASCAR has become, "woke" I guess. This just seems like a bad business move, but all of 2020 has been a bad move.
Is the NASCAR fan base now anti gun Liberals?

"NASCAR rejects advertising from gun companies, causing fans to question its 2nd Amendment stance".

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NASCAR is committing suicide.
Did you see where the race this past weekend after they banned the stars and bars flag. Some guy hired a plane to fly a big Confederate flag over the raceway.

Yeah, I saw that. The push back is coming.

I don't care about the Confederate flag and probably a lot of other people don't either...it's the idea that people are being denied the right to fly it.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. The push back is coming.

I don't care about the Confederate flag and probably a lot of other people don't either...it's the idea that people are being denied the right to fly it.
Me neither. But I am an American, if you tell me I can't have something, I want it even if I did not want it in the first place.
That was the reason behind my first AR purchase.

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
The only effective response to this crap is to stop watching/attending the races. Anything less will be only background noise. Gotta hit the purse strings, the "sponsors" cannot support NASCAR on their own.

Contact team sponsors and tell them why you will not longer purchase their products. Demonstrate how they are wasting their advertising dollars on a dying industry.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
So looks like Nascar double tapped itself this week - maybe they can hire a mourner or two and get on with the service - they're starting to stink up racing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Some people will stay with their favorite sport racing just because, but I can see a lot returning to the roots of first, dirt track racing, then small track racing. If the money starts leaving the sport the networks will stop carrying it. Capitalism is a self correcting thing when it comes to cash flow. I feel the same for professional football. I stopped watching Professional Football after the Houston Oilers killed my inner child. Yes, THAT loss, I believe it was to the Bills..... If I wanna watch a game now I will do it in East Austin, where there may be a stabbing before it is all over! Now THAT'S worthy of the Ocho! Remember, if it's ALMOST a sport, it's on the Ocho!!! :D

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
I’m sure we will start seeing plenty of man bun wearing “dudes” at the nascar races in the future.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
Some people will stay with their favorite sport racing just because, but I can see a lot returning to the roots of first, dirt track racing, then small track racing. If the money starts leaving the sport the networks will stop carrying it. Capitalism is a self correcting thing when it comes to cash flow. :D
I do wish there were a dirt track or small track near me. I would love to support it, as long as they don't go social justice and PC. Just have racing for the sake of racing and leave the rest alone.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
NASCAR's anti-gun left turn happened last August during corporate America's virtue signaling about ARs. Now they're virtue signaling about how anti-racist they are. I don't buy it, it's pure feel good advertising without substance to back it up IMO.

As for the noose... if it was a white guy who did it, he'll deserve the outcome he gets from an irate public, and it will be brutal. But there are enough Jussie Smollets out there bent on generating racial drama for personal gain that I'm not jumping on the grandstanding "IStandWithBubba" train until the facts are out. Could have been him, someone on the pit crew, his management team, a rival race team, a track employee, etc.; everyone's a suspect until ruled out.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Nascar, NFL any of them, for enjoyment of the sport, not political BS or opinions.
Guess there cant be anything anymore just for the fun of it.
Idiots.
Makes Dennis Rodman in N. Korea more palatable.
I have more respect for Dennis Rodman than 99% of today’s athletes. At lease he didn‘t pander to the liberals and his sponsors.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Someone mentioned calling Sponsors and Advertisers and letting them know why you will no longer support Nascar due to their Political BS.

I bet calling you local Nascar Track and letting them know too.

Those big tracks have to fill seats to pay for those huge tracks and they like to fill them. The owners of those tracks would have a lot of sway with Nascar.

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
NASCAR takes a knee...

Reactions: Nmuskier

·
Registered
986 Posts
NASCAR has become, "woke" I guess. This just seems like a bad business move, but all of 2020 has been a bad move.
Is the NASCAR fan base now anti gun Liberals?

"NASCAR rejects advertising from gun companies, causing fans to question its 2nd Amendment stance".

Haven’t watched a NASCAR race since DE died or a NFL game since the kneeling. In fact, I don’t watch TV at all except for the movie or series streamed on the weekend. Don’t even do that much in the summer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts