Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch the show on Bullets last night on National Geographic's Naked Science? It covered the evolution over 200 years from round lead ball to today's hi-power rounds. There was a very informative piece on what happens when bullet hits meat. It was an eye opener. Excellent show which will be on again Sunday night, 9/18 at 7:00 PM.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I am going to try real hard to remember to watch that.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Darn it - couldn't tape it could you Joe?? I'll probably not be back for that time Sunday... and I don't think anyone will be here to set that up either - VCR is not one with a timer, and it has to be on right satellite channel too.

If you could then I'll send you back a blank tape and money to cover shipping. Or can just reimburse for total involved.

Or, anyone else - do this ol phart the favor?

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
I caught the last 20 minutes or so and I thought it was oriented for people that have no idea what bullets do. Sort of See Spot Run.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to try and tape it if I can get the new VCR to work. It wasn't so much that I learned something new but I thought they did a good job of showing the damage a bullet fired from a rifle as opposed to a handgun as opposed to shotgun rounds could do to a person for example. Yea, I know they can all make holes in you but being able to visualize the pattern within a person was interesting. The handgun that could shoot around courners was also interesting. I had heard of them but never had seen one. Once again, interesting to see one in action.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Joe-thanks for the "heads up." I'm going to try and catch it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts